A question for all the producers...

J

Jehana

Who on here likes techno?

does anyone listen to techno music? just curious because everyone seems more hip-hop oriented....

Jehana

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i listen to hiphop, alternative, rock, r&b..... but no techno

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Werd im a dj as well as producer but I could never get into techno. I spin mostly urban music and pop but have spun and like soulful house and even was felling drum and bass for a minute (just realy sped up breaks) but techno HAS NO SOUL OR GROOVE whatsoever. You realy gotta be high on E to be into that

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
im mostly a dancehall reggae and hip hop dj but i do kinda enjoy listening to electronic music once in a while.My favs are prodigy and chemical brothers those guys really know how to sequence thier shit!!! ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Techno is a term like "Rap Music" its too broad. It usually turns people off. But mention house, techno bass, drum and bass, progressive disco and people are more likely to get excited. Daft Punk is awesome, cirrus, and down low records are tight.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
everyone on here needs to open up. techno is the shit :-D everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

personally, i love it. i listen to it, i produce it, i love it. jehana, what kind of techno are you into? got any favorite artists?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
To each his/her own. Me personally, I cant stand techno or country...Most others genres are quite ok with me tho....And if u wanna get technical, regarding tha country side - 1st off i really cant stand country or tha culture that it represents IMO, but being that i kno my musical history; I do have to admit if i ever litstened to any dam country, it would have to be some old school country western i guess, and thats even pushing it.lol....Sorry for getting slighty off topic! - But i jus had to thro that out there.

steez

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
ey man you best check out johnny cash even if you hate country cash da man faw shuw..

ill o.g.
I listen to everything (im serious) except for techno. Techno i feel is for dance clubs. Its not good for anything but that. Im probly bein ignorant by sayin this cuz if you dont listen to techno then you dont know what its all about. And you shouldnt judge shit you dont know. But from the techno ive heard, its not worth listenin to.

C

Copenhagen

There's a few songs once in a while that I like. If it's a good song, no matter what genre it is, I don't mind listening to it, and may even enjoy it. I won't buy it though.

I've never liked one hardcore metal song though. Not one. I get a headache from their guitars...and I'm not kidding.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i love to dance to techno and i try to make that shit but i cant go for long periods listening to it but again techno is too broad a term

elkito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
felling drum and bass for a minute (just realy sped up breaks) but techno HAS NO SOUL OR GROOVE""

I love jungle but...trance, tehno .nah..aint feelin...ur pretty spot on man no soul..no rhythm..no bounce...thats prob half the point of it (the inhuman vibe it creates at raves etc) but the same bassdrum/hihat pattern just jars me lol Mind sayin that theres prob some tracks out there i could listen to

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i grew up listening to techno ( well all the musical styles under the techno umbrella if you will ) as a teenager i used to love but thats wot its for its for younger peopl i feel its over the top ecstacy music and at a younger age you think its the best thin in the world as the music is so euphoric but to be honest eventually you grow out of it and realise its a souless, cheesy money maker tha only people on drugs listen to really ! A few of my friends are still into the scene most of them are on all kinda of drugs each weekend and happily waste most of their life a way, i personally don't listen to any of it anymore as the music doesnt really say anything to me !

C

cmr3

I listen to hip hop, r&b, latin,jazz and a little tiny bit of rock

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
i listen to all types of rock even techno but most of techno sounds like an alarm clock to me with a steady thump, but i listen to cristal method, and this electoro group called THE NEW DEAL but to me techno is an aquired taste try if u don't like it don't eat, if u do like it eat when ever you want if u get what i am saying.

just me 2 cents

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I dig, produce and party @ techno events. I also used to spinn techno and acid too back in the dayz. I also find it hard to believe that people know a bit 'bout techno since there's alot of different techno out there that a lot of cats here wont listen too but might be cool with them or @ a club.

Also, techno on this part of the globe is very often mixed with electro ( detroit ), new skool breaks, dub ( soundsystems ), hiphop and D&B. On some occassions it's Tekno/Breakcore, mostly illegal or warehous parties but still combined with any of the above.

What I dont like are the cheesy chart biased "techno" releases, which anyone can produce ( merely preset work ). It's very underground, urban if you like, over here and key are drugs and luckily we dont suffer from candy ravin' goons.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
Ok, here's what i think. Before you pass judgment on all techno and say you hate the whole genre and that it's for E popping pricks, check out:

Clubbed to Death by Rob D (Rob Dougan)

Now, i dunno if you'll all agree with me that this qualifies as a techno track. But in my book it does.

It's a pretty sweet song. He has been commissioned to do a lot of tracks for The Matrix. So he knows what he's doing. I would suggest everybody take a listen to this. It might change your mind. or at least give you ONE techno track you'll enjoy. anyway, thought i'd just throw that out there.