a question.......

K

kronikdj

i've began to make my beats over the last few months..... i've got a standard shitty pc, slow as fuck wit little hard drive space! i'm thinkin of purchasing a pc built souly for music production......

wot do u lot recommend i buy and where from?

Wot sort of system requirements do u suggest?

wot software/hardware??

costs??

i know its a big vague but hey i'm a learner........

i want sumthin to set me up nicely without problems all the while!

peace

any help would b nice

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I recommend you to read computer music magazine its actually a Uk Mag. They have a section called computer music basics which gives you a step by step guide to computer music. They go through everthing from the computers to software to a glossary of terms. Its really helpful. I hope this helps.

C

Copenhagen

E.g. look at www.carillonusa.com, or check Digital Village's DVPC. The last-mentioned have a store in Birmingham at Unit 2, Dakota Buildings, James St, Birmingham.

Synopsis

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Check Pricewatch.com my man, they list all kinds of shit on there. If you look careful, and shop smart, you can get a tight system set up. I bought my laptop for 800 bucks a year ago, and It's still competitive with today's computers.

Look in the 2ghz+ range for processor, probably a Pentium 4 for music.
Preferrably more than 512mb of ram (any kind, anyone that tells you that DDR or RAMBUS is better doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about)
40gb hard drive or more for storing music and what not. I have a 40gig and its almost full. I have about 20gigs of random shit though, so its your call.
Everything else is pretty much up to you. A nice sound card is always a good investment though.

Hope that helps