A really good read about undergroud hip hop and mainstream

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Good read, not sure why they always praise Kanye to be this underground conscious hero tho, he was always pretty mainstream to me - he just didn't immediately rap about diamonds on his wrist and all that.

Pinkcookiz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Good read, not sure why they always praise Kanye to be this underground conscious hero tho, he was always pretty mainstream to me - he just didn't immediately rap about diamonds on his wrist and all that.

lol! AMEN!! He went from it all "fallin" down cause couldn't nobody tell him nuffin to "flashing lights" and bling ((shrugs)) think I may be going off subject but---
In my opinion and it's just my THOUGHTS Kanye kinda did a back flip---or maybe I'm hating---or maybe I don't get it. Or maybe the man is just simply spitting about the things he has "now" vrs than---BUT who gives a K*uf--can we bring hip hop back to when they was spitting about "nobody wants to pull over a give a dude a ride"? lol ((sigh))

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Seems like if you don't rap about material things...you're "underground"

*shrug*

I think the mainstream has a weird approach on what's "underground"...

Even what people consider "underground" is quite "mainstream" to me...just that they don't have a "major" deal.....

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Word...I was kinda thinking the same thing too as I was reading it. Kanye definitely isn't underground anymore.

he never wuz underground but when u compare his music that debuted to what wuz out at the time it wuz pretty real..thru the wire wuz such a dope beat even the shyt wit twister that overnight celebrity beat wuz insane

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Seems like if you don't rap about material things...you're "underground"

*shrug*

I think the mainstream has a weird approach on what's "underground"...

Even what people consider "underground" is quite "mainstream" to me...just that they don't have a "major" deal.....

Were on the same page bruva!
I feel u on that shit, cuz if u aint made it yet and your not either independently buying a house and a car off your craft or being signed to a label and doing the same then yeah, your still underground.

And theres a shitload of underground artists that try to sound exactly like JayZ just as there are a ton of artists trying to be the late great J Dilla.