A sad day in mpcville

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Man, I got a problem. I just found out that the right channel on my mpc2000xl is out. No sound comes out! I called to see about sending it in to get fixed; but they said it would take a minimum of 4-6 weeks to get it back! I can't have that. Has anybody ever had this problem? Or does anybody know any tricks to get around it? Or even how to fix it? It would not be so bad because I can split the signal at my mixer. Then problem is that I can't do any motorized panning with it anymore because of course the right side is blank. My computer is crap so I can't even use software to help out. Untill I upgrade; does anyone have any suggestions? Please help.
ONE

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I say take the Lose and send it in to get fixed, you got to have channels workin properly. I know its hard because I would be devistated if it were me. Even if you do find a work around, youll eventually still want to get it fixed. Look around your area, maybe someone knows what to do.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dunno... 4-6 weeks is awhile to be away from beatmaking... I say find a program like Cubase to track out into. Record in Mono and you'll be fine...

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Okay, I found a music shop with an authorized akai service tech in house. He says he can repair it without having to send it off. Outstanding!! I dropped it off today. I was like a parent dropping their first born off on their first day of school. lol I was watchin' dude's every move! Like be careful with my baby! LOL! Anyway; thanks for the pointers fellas.
ONE

members online