A video explains the world's most important 6-sec drum loop (Amen Break)

• beat this! voting starts in...

buffalony

ill o.g.
That was a very good link. Thank you.

I wish there was a whole catalogged video encyclopedia like that of popular samples. If there is let me know.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I wonder how close behind the skull snaps breaks are, they are everywhere too, its crazy how certain drums can have an unmistakeable signature that even you jacked them people will pretty much know where you got them if you leave them in their pure vinyl form...

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
amen break a classic indeed, used it myself too long time ago! still got it lyin around!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
"A YouTube video (18:08) that narrates the history of the "Amen Break," a six-second drum sample from the b-side of a chart-topping single from 1969. This sample was used extensively in early hiphop and sample-based music, and became the basis for drum-and-bass and jungle music -- a six-second clip that spawned several entire subcultures..."

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! TUNE-IN NOW! :thumb:

One Love,
Wings

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
That was interesting man, PROPS for posting!!! I kinda feel bad for the Winstons tho..they deserve some credit

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Thanx, now, i really feel I learned something interesting... keep those coming! Knowledge is power!

If there is still someone with the rights of that song... he's gonna be filthy rich... I wonder James Brown got some $$$ for Funky Drummer?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
sYgMa said:
If there is still someone with the rights of that song... he's gonna be filthy rich... I wonder James Brown got some $$$ for Funky Drummer?

They explain that shit in the vid. The owner of the publishing doesn't get shit, but alot of people make money selling the break on complilation discs and what not.

O

open mind

Vince said:
They explain that shit in the vid. The owner of the publishing doesn't get shit, but alot of people make money selling the break on complilation discs and what not.
theres no bu$$nes like (show)musicbu$$nes thats fucked up.

members online