Ableton Live 6

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Any one who has 5 or 4 feel the need to upgrade? I'm an owner of V.4 and just wanted to see what people thought of the new additions...There's a new sampler and operator can be purchased with it for an additional price...I think the only thing I'm interested in is the effect freeze feature to free up ur cpu...What's good? I don't think I will upgrade really...

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i've got live 5- liking it a lot, not sure if i'll need to upgrade. the new sampler does sound pretty nice, but costs extra. i heard it also has new effects, like "tube distortion" and a 8 band eq (instead of just four). if youve got 4, going to 5 is nice b/c its got the "beat repeat" effect which is sick beyond words.
anyway, i'll probably see how much $$$ when 6 comes out and decide on it then

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Word i always like to upgrade been using 5 for bout 1 year now.. and liking it alot.. only thing i don't like is timestretching and playing whit my chops.. because the channels itself are so big and they'take a lot of space in the screen..

Like in FL u throw all your 1 beat chops in a layer and u fuck around with em, this is harder to do in Live.. but live is easy as hell with chopping in the arrangement view, so both have their own advantages..

it's a dope program and WORD beat repeat is the shit, only thing that's fucked is when u put the grid at like 1/8 u can't see it in the arrangement view when drawing ur automation and so u can't change the settings during the song..

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah beat repeat is definately somehting serious... i was well impressed when i came across that. for the person who said they got live 4 i think its worth the upgrade, because i'm yet to find to any new aspects of the program that aren't pluses. basically if you got the money it would be worth it for real..

cycloptic

ill o.g.
I'm in a similar boat. I purchased v4 and I upgraded to v5 but never installed or activated it since there were quite a lot of users complaining about the bugs and omissions in v5 that directly affected how I planned to use it (Reason rewire, Sampletank issues, etc.)

I might consider upgrading to v6 if these issues are addressed. I am getting along OK with 4 for the time being.

cycloptic

O

open mind

ableton is tha shit!!! iam working on my first track on it and its pure fun.
anyone knows where i can turn the PRECOUNT for the metronome? i know how to turn the metrone on but where the fuck is the precount?

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
The upgrade from 5 to 6 i would have to say is a big improvement !, so it would be worth i if you ask. i Love this program and haven't thought about leaving it since i got 4 two years ago. it's acually my main workstation along with reason 3.0. so yeah go for the upgrade.

members online