Ableton Live...Is it the real deal?

P

peripheral

What ya'll think about Ableton Live...I've heard a lot of good things from techno and progressive house producers, but are there any Hip hop headz out there using it as a sequencer or am I the only one. I have found it to be a useful tool along side Reason...

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I use Ableton Live 2 and about to get version 3 soon. It is very useful you have rewire support it works with Pro Tools 6, Sonar, Cubase all the premier recording packages. The looping abilities are far greater than Acid (not diminishing what acid can do) but you have the time warp feature which matches up any loop regardless of tempo, pitch, etc and sequences them together nicely. The effects are good, it has VST support so you can use VST's inside of it, you can create some complex arrangements with it. So in my opinion Ableton Live is The Truth! I use it as a sequencer for my sounds and loops and run it in Cubase, oh I can't forget about the ability to play your shit live with a band or whatever save the sessions etc. Must have software tool if you work with loops based recording.

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well i have live to won it at a M audio conffrence if anything I think its nice really can touch up a reason track, personaly though when I use reason I dont use loops cept for maybe the drums all the other sounds I imput manualy from a keyboard so less I create my own sound that loops then loop it (lol) i def like live,