Ableton Live Question...

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Ableton Live Topic...

Whats your method of sequencing in the session view in live when recording clips... Im talking similar to your method of sequencing as if you were using a regular reason or cubase sequencer with a one bar metronome count-off and then began recording for four bars or eight bars(my preferred length) or whatever. Whenever I attempt to record in the clip view, there is no countoff, it just starts recording, and I cant ever start playing as soon as the clip starts recording. Also whats your method of quantizing after you have your loop since it doesn't have a quantize button on the toolbar transport bar as most other apps do. I know you can apply quantize after recording, but is it possible to quantize just one loop after you have recorded it? Whats ur preferred method of quantizing clips?..

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
go to Misc Preferences to apply a count-in.

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
to quantize midi notes, select which ones you want to change with the select tool (not pencil). then go to edit-quantize, and you can choose what value you want to quantize to and what percentage. you also have to turn off "record quantize" in the edit menu if you don't want it to qauntize stuff automatically.

if you want to quantize audio loops (you can in live) make sure "warp" is on in the clip properties, then double click and move around the warp markers to rest on the beats

hope that helps

oh yeah, also check out the ableton forums- TONS of info there on Live (especially the Tip + Tricks section)

www.ableton.com/forum

O

open mind

is there something like FL Slicer in ableton live? i am really thinking in switching to ableton i love the interface.but first i need to check how shit works.

how can i see the db numbers in the meters in the mixer/clip view? it doesnt show up

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Open mind:

No there's isnt something like FL Slicer in Ableton Live. I know it's not too nice.. But the sampler in Live let's u select zones of a sample and spread them over the keys of your midi keyboard like u could do on an MPC.. selecting zones that is..

Plus the rewiring in Ableton is extremely good, so you could rewire Fruity in Live and fuck with the Slicer in fruity and get the sound in an audio channel in Live..

At the moment i use Ableton as host, Fruity as VST and Reason as rewire ..

so basically i use three programs at the same time, and use only the things i like from eacht program..

Just to keep my creativity running i work like this..

Drums: Reason or FL ( just what suits.. mostly reason right now )
Samples: FL ( Timestretching, and sometimes slicer. Reason Dr. Rex (it's the shit!)
Ableton: Sequencing, mixing and effects..

Hope this helps..

Peace and good luck!~!!

members online