Ableton users I need help Re: Using MIDI loops in Ableton...

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
I just started using Ableton, that interface isn't exactly "user friendly". I'm pretty proficient in Reason, then less so in FL. So I figured learning Ableton would be a piece of cake but that interface is super drab and not really explanatory. I will learn it eventually but sheesh.

Anyways, my big problem here is using MIDI loops within Ableton. I while back I purchased the Unison Chord Pack (which are also MIDI loops) and easily installed them, access them in FL. That spurred me to buy the Unison MIDI Blueprint (which are MIDI loops for drum kits) and haven't been able to use them. I can't get any of my DAW's to even recognize the format they come up in. There was a video that came with the loops, but it just explained advanced stuff. The guy in the video was using the loops in Ableton, which is what made me download and begin trying to figure out how to use Ableton.

How do I get the loops to show up within the DAW(s)? I can find the actual folders containing them but when I view through the DAW those folders are empty. Is there a way I could use them within FL instead of having to deal with Ableton?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@3ternal Do you mean you just can't load them or they're not working somehow? You can add a folder on the left side but have you tried just dragging and dropping the MIDI files into the project?

members online