about Beatz101 interview

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
His interview is very dope, I enjoyed reading it. This cat is real.

https://www.illmuzik.com/interviews/beatz101/index.php?id=43&page=1

Here's some interresting quotes:

"I treat my beats like its my babies, you know. It's hard to let them go. I get a lot of people wanting to buy tracks from me but sometimes I'm hesitant because I don't want nobody wack on my beats. Sometimes you have concepts, and you already have a hook for a certain beat. So it would break my heart to hear some cornball dude stumbling over one of my babies. I put my heart on these tracks. Sometimes I'll be up until the sun comes up making tracks. So I want the rappers on my beats to make the same sacrifice I made. But at the same time I might have to make that similar sacrifice, which is selling some of my beats to questionable artists, to get the exposure I need. This whole rap game is like chess moves".

"I want to listen to something deep, learn something, and enlighten myself. I think me taking inspiration from different forms of music keeps me fresh, and keeps me trying new stuff in my music. If you trying to be a Hip-Hop producer, but you refuse to listen to other genres then I think you're playing yourself."

"When you have nothing, you work harder to make something hot, so you pick up more essential skills in my opinion. It's like Rocky 4, ya know. Stallone was in the snow mountains chopping fire wood, lifting logs and away from the rest of the world. Drago was using steroids and had all the top-notch technology. But in the end, who came out victorious? When you have nothing, it builds heart and you have a lot more to prove and live up to. I have to sound like I got an MPC 4000, a ton of vinyl, and $3000 of production gadgets to compete with some of the people who actually got all that stuff. If I started with an MPC, I don't think I would be as passionate as I am now, but that's me".

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Beatz looks just like my bets friend growin up Russell Pope.. an he's from North Carolina too. It's dope too see a 22 yr old a serior an owning their own company. dedication to your own dreams is an ill thang, an a rariety

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
"If God gave you a gift that you could clearly recognize and you feel in your heart that this is what you should be doing, then do it. If God gave you the gift to sing, then sing. If you can draw, you better draw. Don't listen to your advisor, your guidance counselor, and maybe sometimes even your parents. Listen to what's inside you, that burn in your chest you can't even explain. And that's where the true answer is. And if I'm broke and on crack in the next 10 years, all of what I said is bullsh*t."

Yo that hit me good man cuz that's actually how I feel with what I'm doing. Thanks for the enlightment man cuz I wasn't sure which way to go, parents wan me to be this and that but inside me, I'm really lovin this music thing. Much respect man.