About to install Reason 4

phayzebeatz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I remember when I went from 2.5 to 3.0 it was hell finding all my sounds etc.

Any tips or point s to keep in mind before i install reason 4? Like should I completely uninstall reason 3.0 before installing the new version or will it just update itself to 4.0? Do I have to make sure all the songs are 'self contained'? or does it matter..

holla

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
Probably be best to just remove Reason 3 before you decide to make the update, if you have'nt already done so.

If you have quite alot of files within' your favourites i would try to install 4 over the top, as it would save you alot of time than doing the above if it still stored your previous folders.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It doesn't matter what you do if it's the actual "whole" reason 4 program. It will install along side 3.0 with no problems. If it's an upgrade "don't " remove 3.0. The upgrade will add the new feature to 3.0.

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
yeah when i installed it
it ask me to remove reason3
then it completed the installation in it
when i open it up i exspected to be there for like a hour just to put my folders in tact
but i was wrong
it kept all my folders and samples folders and refills all in place!!
just copped the mpd24 and im using it with reason 4
i luv it!!!
but i notice when u have ya drums in the redrum u cant record right away into the track u have to copy to track first then u can record in the sequence box from the sounds of the redrum
reason4 is sick!!
anyone els with this issue holla!

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
yeah i thought i was going to be there for hours on putting in all the folders and refills as well
but i was wrong
all my folders were left!!
dont uninstall reason untill it command u to!
cuz that what happen when ui was installing the reason4
it work fine and all my folders and refills were still in tact i was shocked that i didnt have to spend hours on finding refills and sample folders!!

i just copped the mpd24
and im using it with reason4 and i luv it
the only problems is when i want to record the sounds from the red rum i have to copy to track first to enable the track on the sequence box after that i can record any sounds from the redrum!!
anyone els wit dis issue holla!!
reason4 is sick

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I Ust Installed Reason 4.0 And Everything Looks Good...i Noticed I Could'nt reposition My Sampled Notes Up And Down WITHOUT A LINE TOOL In Reason 4 Like I Could In Reason 3... ITS MISSING...am I Just Buggin Or What?

you're not buggin'! things are diff't in 4.0. There's an update as well!

members online