Acid Pro 4.0 w/ update and Reason 2.5

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm about to start using Acid Pro 4.0, basically for recording audio from my MPC 2000. I seet aht you have to assign a folder for your audio to be stored in. My question is, will all audio files be stored in the same folder, will I or should I create a folder for each individual project. Also , has any one used this type up setup and had sucess or any problems. All feedback welcome.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
What I used to do is save all my Acid project files and samples into individual folders under a main Audio Folder, here's why.

If I ever moved a particular sample I don't have to worry about finding it because I've already saved it in the project.

Makes it easier for backup purposes and just in case your system crashes you have the project file and all the samples for it so you haven't lost anything.

Also configure Acid's temporary file location where it stores temporary files while your actually recording and working on it. Disable splash screen icon on startup to conserve resources and time, choose your audio that you want to use with Acid for example Sound Forge, Wavelab or Adobe Audition (Cool Edit Pro). Make sure autosave is turned on in case your system crashes in the middle of working on a project you can recover the song. There are a few more important options you'll want to configure just go down the list and make sure everything is setup exactly how you want it before you start getting busy. You'll be glad you did all this before hand.

just a few tips... hope it helps