Acid Users Unite

L

lonelyest

What up Fam. This is my first post I'm trying to get my 50 in cause I plan on trying to win Beat This! I do my production on Acid Pro 6 and I've been using Acid since version 4 I only know one other person that uses Acid and that's my partner in production C.R.U.S.H. I guess I don't only use Acid like most only use Fruity Loops and what not. I use an mpc2500 for drums, along with a V-Synth, Motif es both racks and a fantomx8. If any one else out there uses any version of Acid hit me up, I'd like to exchange stories of production. One post down, 49 to go.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I use acid on some of my production. I mainly use acid to chop my samples and get my BPM right then export it and drop it in FL. Before I got into making beats, I used it for making blend mix CDs. I love acid....the program that is.

L

lonelyest

I do my drums on the mpc then drop everything into Acid and finish the beat in Acid . In my opinoin I think it's better than using FL

ill o.g.
I do everything in ACID with the exception of a lot of effects...I love the layout; it's mad intuitive. I use it to chop, I lay my drums down on it, and I use it to mix.

It's streamlined as hell now that I have the proper hardware for it...back in the good ol' days (last year?) I'd be clicking and dragging to paint in my drums and shit :lol:...and I didn't have a MIDI controller so I'd use the program pitch shifter to make melodies out of a single instrument sample. Terrible.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I use and endorse acid. I have used it since 4.0. One time I told this dude that I make alot of beats "on acid" and dude said "Man that's wild, I just smoke weed."

I couldnt possibly make a beat on acid , I mean its hard just to stand let alone keep your thoughts together..
Lol Joka.
I use Acid all the time, I use reason as the sequencer/syths.drum machine. I use acid for pretty much everything else, including multi band compression, and tweaking of the final sound. My main use for Acid is for controlling acapellas with reason as a slave, doing the rest.

prose1

ill o.g.
Acid User

I just bought Acid 6.0 a couple months ago. I need to findout how to master sampling with out beat chopping the entire song I want to just save the part I looped. Can someone help. I currently use Reason 2.0 but have heard so much about Acid

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I just bought Acid 6.0 a couple months ago. I need to findout how to master sampling with out beat chopping the entire song I want to just save the part I looped. Can someone help. I currently use Reason 2.0 but have heard so much about Acid

Home boy you have IMO one of the best programs to do that with. You can record your sample directly into Acid or drag and drop it as a wave file or mp3 (maybe even some other formats..I haven't tried) into an audio track. Right click on the wave file and scroll down to select in chopper. The chopper will open in a window below. Just look for the word chopper lower down on the first window. It may be closed depending on how big you have the initial window. Atfer you open the chopper window up just high light(right click and drag over) the chops you want( one at a time). It has a loop function so u can hear the loop playback. Once you get the loop or chop the size you want it, right click and select chop to new track. Another window will open giving you the option of where to save that chop. I always create a folder on my desk top..label it with the artist name album and song being chopp'd and save all the chops for the particular sample in that folder. Get in the habbit of doing this so when its sample clearance time you got the Artist name, album and song that you chopp'd filed properly. You don't want to have to go back and find this info based on the chops you made. If it's an old enough song you may never find it again. Even if it's off of vinyl that you dug for and purchased it may take weeks or months to find that shit again if you don't get your process down. Hope this helps

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
I've never tried to make beats before on Acid 6 which i currently have. I mainly use it for Editing/Ripping/Mixing more than anything.

It's a good program for those 3 as it's easy to work with but i'm happy with Reason3 for the production side.

J

jdunka

Acid

Im using Acid 5, my old school yamaha drum machine, and sound forge