Acid Users

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
I find myself arguing and defending my choice of sequencer almost daily. A "friend" that deal with on the regular says that ACID is not a REAL sequencer.... I say BULLSHIT!!!

I would Like to find out how many producers/beatmakers here use ACID and which version.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Joe I started out actually with software seriously using acid 3.0 to make beats with, the only reason I switched was I started using cakewalk and cubase with my equipment but stand alone its not too bad because I did use it with midi and it was ok ....my verdict is that if you can place audio or midi in time thats technically sequencing and I believe you can easily do both.....its a sequencer, it may not be the same as what you find on the mpc but they would both be using to the same procedure, you can quantize, you can trim etc...

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yeah, I love acid! I used Acid 2.0 a while back to make my beats. I never knew how to make your own beats (program drums etc..) with it though, I just used drum loops and samples. But, I love that program. It is very, very easy to use and I still use it today if I do a remix with an accapella. It is a sequencer most definitly. I think people get to rapped up into what everyone else thinks is hot and they want to be on the train. I agree though, good software!

D

djrage

Yes siiir....I have been an Acid user since the Sonic Foundry days and I have found myself growing as a beatmaker using the software. I am using Acid 5.0 and it has excelled alot as far as features is concerned.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I use 4.0 religiously, but I am learning Pro Tools LE 7.0 and am considering switching over to mac. I use acid in conjunction with hardware sequencers cuz its great for fine tuning. I record all of the vocals into Acid, never a problem. I know a handful of producers that use the program almost exclusively. Dangermouse uses 4.0 exclusively. He doesn't endorse it though because he still uses a bootleg of 4.0. Maybe folks look down on it because it is common to find people bootlegging it. And then, they may or may not have the waves plug-ins which decreases the chances of them making a professional sounding beat.

Obsidian Blue

Igneous
ill o.g.
I have a love/hate relationship with acid. I'm currently using 5.0. It's not working as smoothly as 4 did, but it has better features than 4 though. Besides, I can't go back now anyway.

I think it's a pretty decent sequencer, but it gets so much flack/no attention because it's one of those that doesn't have a hardware based GUI, so it's kinda difficult for the traditional hardware musician to learn. That, and a possibility that Acid's plugins aren't as good as the others on the market.

But I could care less. I'm not switching.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Obsidian Blue said:
I have a love/hate relationship with acid. I'm currently using 5.0. It's not working as smoothly as 4 did, but it has better features than 4 though. Besides, I can't go back now anyway.

Same here. Mine freezes at certain points. 4 Never gave me a problem. If it had the "reverse" feature, I would reload it.

It does seem that sonar & live produced tracks sound better. But I'm still rollin' with my product.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
shit ACID should sign me to some kind of endorsement deal or something. I taught myself the game with ACID. I use ACID 5.0 and I have Reason rewired as slave for basslines and extra instrumentations at times. I doubt I'll switch to anything else mainly. To be serious I've never seen what fruity loops look like. But like somebody said If you got the plug-ins to back you up its a done deal.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I know three other producers personally, they all use Acid. I'm the only one with FL.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
shit ACID should sign me to some kind of endorsement deal or something. I taught myself the game with ACID. I use ACID 5.0 and I have Reason rewired as slave for basslines and extra instrumentations at times. I doubt I'll switch to anything else mainly. To be serious I've never seen what fruity loops look like. But like somebody said If you got the plug-ins to back you up its a done deal.

NO NO NO! They should give ME an endorsemnt deal!!!! LOL

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
joeburnem said:
I find myself arguing and defending my choice of sequencer almost daily. A "friend" that deal with on the regular says that ACID is not a REAL sequencer.... I say BULLSHIT!!!

I would Like to find out how many producers/beatmakers here use ACID and which version.

its a sequencer alright. So is reason. A "real" sequencer should only refer to something where you can record audio direct, like cubase

But they're all just tools for manipulating digital sound ... it aint the tools that count its the finished product

Peace

Holly Scott

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Elementree said:
i tried it for a while but was fed up by the fact that I couldnt make a beat without loops. I started usin FL then and Ive excelled with it alot farther than Acid

Just me Though,

Cincinnatti, OH.

true that, your shit is tight. I use reason but i.m thinking about going back to fruity

has some lovely functions

ill o.g.
Elementree said:
i tried it for a while but was fed up by the fact that I couldnt make a beat without loops. I started usin FL then and Ive excelled with it alot farther than Acid

Just me Though,

Cincinnatti, OH.
I actually use both FL and Acid (a sin, I know...Rule #1, get to know one program well first). I've primarily use FL to sequence each individual percussion track before tracking them out on ACID. IMO, the step sequencer works well in FL, but for my purposes the playlist (and everything else) works better in ACID.

I thought I heard that ACID 6 is going to come with a new step sequencer integrated into its software, but I can't find that information again so I'm probably wrong. If it did I'd finally drop FL and free up some C:\ drive space. Anybody try 6 out yet?

G

GProfit

I'am new to this site but I was surprise to see a forum on Acid. I use fl producer edition for making the track. And acid to track the different patterns and then I record ny vocals in Acid then export back to fl as wave and add the plugins. Then soundforge or wavlab to master real quick.

ill o.g.
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8498/0000012792kb.jpg

"I thought I heard that ACID 6 is going to come with a new step sequencer integrated into its software, but I can't find that information again so I'm probably wrong. If it did I'd finally drop FL and free up some C:\ drive space. Anybody try 6 out yet?"

Looking at this latest release of ACID gives me a very good reason to think a lot less about switching to Cubase.

Attachments

• 0000012792kb.jpg
    0000012792kb.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 120

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
i used acid but it crashed alot thought it was my comp but i use audition now and have no probs

members online