acidized wavs

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I know you don't want to install another DAW, but FL Studio creates acidized wavs. The two programs work great together.

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
are there any programs that can make acidized wavs?? including the tempo, key info, as well as the slices. i'd like to put together some acidized loop kits but don't want to load another daw on my computer

I can not validate this but Translator by Chicken Systems lists Sonic Foundary ACID as a export format for samples.

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
edison or slicex in fl studio ... aint nuthing better

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Ok. Checked it out, kind of glad you brought it up Merc. Acidized loops work the best in my opinion. I've had Acid Pro for a minute now and never knew it did this. I'll be making loops and converting all my other loops before I use them this way from now on!

HERE'S HOW U DO IT:

Creating ACIDized WAV files

First, you need a PC, or a Mac Dual Core running Windows. Get ACID - there are free and trial versions available here:

http://www.acidplanet.com/tools/?p=acid&T=2414

Open up a new session in ACID, then open the loop you'd like to convert into the program. In the "Track Properties" window, select the "Stretch" tab. You will see the waveform with the markers. The markers can be moved by adjusting the "transient detection" amount, or by hand. I like to test the marker placements in loops by previewing them at 15 - 20% less than their original BPM. Incorrect marker placements will create a "flam" sort of sound at this lower BPM.

Also, check to make sure the number of beats is correct. Adjust the Root Note if the loop contains a chordal center.

Save the ACID loop information by hitting the SAVE button in the Track Properties window.

A few tips:

- With larger wave forms, such as bass or synth sounds, consider putting in less markers - say quarter notes instead of sixteenths. This will help prevent the "warble" sound when tempo gets shifted.

- Make sure you have "don't transpose when stretching" selected to ensure the pitch doesn't change when a user varies the tempo.

- In the "Track Type" window, for the most part, you will want to select "LOOP" instead of "one shot" or "beatmapped." This allows the loop to have the most flexibility when the tempo or key is being changed from its original.

- Try the ACIDized file at a 10-20% lower BPM. Listen for warbles and flams and adjust transients accordingly.

- Transpose the ACIDized file (if they have a key set) up to verify that transposition is working.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
yeah. i got that LDB, but i was trying to do it without using acid. maybe if there was a small piece of freeware or utility that could do it. it seems as though i'm just going to have to use acid. i just hate putting a whole daw on my computer just to do acid wavs

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Acidized waves is a sony trade mark so I doubt you'll find another name brand program that'll will do this. If you do holla back.

dahknee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yeah. i got that LDB, but i was trying to do it without using acid. maybe if there was a small piece of freeware or utility that could do it. it seems as though i'm just going to have to use acid. i just hate putting a whole daw on my computer just to do acid wavs

Hey Mercury,

Which format are the files you want to use?

wavs. i just want to add in the acid info. tempo, key and slice markers.

Slice markers, what is this feature you speak of, can Acid add slice markers to a wav file? Damn I didnt know this, no wonder my sampling in acid is unclean. I will be looking into this this evening. Would it be done by adding regions?

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
SoundForge is the program you apply it with

go under edit, and there should be somewhere on the list about Acid properties. click that and you should be able to apply and change Acid properties of a file.