Acoustic Treatment

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
For years my equipment has been sharing a room with my kids toys and tv (studio/kids play room). We have moved and I finally have my own space. its a decent size room 10' by 11', no windows and tile floor. I know I need some sort of treatment but do not want to break the bank or do some crappy homemade job. MY plane is to over time get treatment in sections. Whats more important and what to get first? Should I get bass traps first or side panels on the walls?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
How big is the room (exact dimensions) ,are the walls parallel, what's your budget?

Yes the walls are parallel, 132 sq feet... For now all I have is $360 to work with. That's why I was leaning towards getting some Primacoustic bass traps first, and by the end of the year if things are going well, possibly get the London 10 to go along with the traps.

Do you know if Primacoustic products are any good?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yea when I was doing studio design at Sweetwater I sold both Primacsoutics and Auralex, both are great. I would get MoPad's FOR SURE though and with that budget grab some bass traps. There is software to help map all this stuff....let me see if I can find it.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
yea when I was doing studio design at Sweetwater I sold both Primacsoutics and Auralex, both are great. I would get MoPad's FOR SURE though and with that budget grab some bass traps. There is software to help map all this stuff....let me see if I can find it.

Oh yeah, I already have some MoPad's... From what I've read they say its important to get your corners treated since thats where the lowend goes. Good look on the software if you find it. Thanks for the feedback

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Wow LOL... Cot damn!!!... I havn'tposted on ILL in years... Created this post 4 years ago, and im finally getting back to treating my room (Life is crazy and does that to you). I fianlly made my panels, but feeling uneasy with the fabric i used to wrap them up in. I decided on canvas but not sure if that will absorb the sound or not. I've watched tons of diy acoustic panel videos. Where they say if you blow on the material and can feel your breath, its good... Or If the material can obsorb water, its good. Just looking for some reasurrance if canvas is a good material to wrap your isulation and panels in?

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Its more about tuning the room than anything, put all the dimensions in the computer and see what it says. Is this a tracking room? Control room?

Let me know how it goes, I am about to start building my own private studio in about 30 days and will be using all this stuff!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Its more about tuning the room than anything, put all the dimensions in the computer and see what it says. Is this a tracking room? Control room?

Let me know how it goes, I am about to start building my own private studio in about 30 days and will be using all this stuff!

Its nothing too serious. Trying to get the room where I can get an accurate read when I mix my beats, and maybe record vocals. That software is serious, I've been looking through the manual trying to get an idea where to start lol.. When you get started on your studio take some pics and post them, or youtube studio tour video. I defintly want to see how your studio turns out.