Adam Ivy

c10110

Hello all. I peeped around the forum a little bit and like the energy here. I have a reddit post calling out Adam Ivy. In short, I am not a fan, and think he's a complete fraud.

I have a background in game development. I had the chance to present at E3 when I was only 21, thanks to Indies Crash. The team I was with got thousands of votes through our YouTube audience at the time, in 2013. So, I am aware of the life changing results social media can provide.

I'm currently a full time producer, directly under a gold record writer. I tend not to name drop so much publicly because of controversial things I post, like above. I am signed to two Nashville film sync agencies as well. I wrote my first song homeless, while that's a bit of a cliché, it is true for me, and I definitely do not feel music success only comes from money, or luck.

I mention that as it's pretty much the only follow up Adam ever has aside from calling people losers or blocking them. I would love to hear some other opinions. If he helped someone, or even you, I am totally down to take that info in. However a lot of his "Successful students" have no social presence or stats. Makes me sad he's manipulated people to pay $1,000 for 800 monthly listeners and 146 subs.

I of all people don't feel you are required to have big numbers to find success. I have like 40 subs haha. People tell me "stop the cap" when I name drop who I work with, despite the fact in my about section on YouTube I link to the studio I am under, and what we do. Anyway, I said it all in the reddit thread. Just trying to form a more one on one post here as I don't want to just come off as looking for upvotes.

Genuinely curious to hear your perspectives. One thing I would ask is if you happen to agree send an email to Spencer Cornelia explaining your stance. I'm really trying to get someone with some pull to call out the facts. However I am open to getting things wrong, I am not trying to just relentless bash someone. I care quite deeply for the music scene, and anyone wanting to better themselves within it.

Thanks, happy to be here!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I remember Adam Ivy's videos from a while back. I think it just boils down to the saying "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is".

I don't think he's necessarily scamming people, it looks like his course has a lot of value, but it just looks like a typical sales funnel site, like many others have done over the years.

The person you said that didn't have a lot of views and likes, maybe they just didn't apply his course properly. But even if he did, Ivy's course doesn't necessarily mean everyone is going to be a superstar.

I would just be careful with any kind of funnel sales in general.

c10110

Yeah I'm not a fan of sales funnels either, way too aggressive for me. My main issue is that his accomplishments have nothing to do with music. Marketing is a universal concept, sure, but are you trying to be a marketer or musician ya know? His music money breaks down to less than min wage when you look at it as strictly music related income.

I don't think he wakes up asking himself how he can fool everyone, but I do not think he's qualified to teach these things. Outside of his eLEarning youtube channel he hasn't really done anything in music. If I compare music credentials alone I blow him out of the water, and I spend most of my time making music, not convincing 17 year olds, that I do. (A lot of his audience is pretty young these days)

It also sits wrong with me he thinks you are required to have a social presence. There's many ways to monetize your craft without it. The biggest producers in the industry are not on socials.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Don’t worry about him, just keep hustling yourself. Frauds don’t often last too long.
:this:

There's a lot of bullshit online nowadays, and I try to ignore it and do my own thing. If people want to get caught up buying a course that doesn't give much in return, that's on them. Other than that it's just drama.

Having a social presence isn't for everyone but it really helps. Most social media is just people posting their own thing and nobody even looks at it anymore lol.