Adding basslines

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
For the most part, I do know my scales but its just hearing it and knowing that it is in a certain key is difficult for me. It's something I have to work on though.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I can never completely just key in on the bass when filtering it out. You're simply using an EQ to filter it out right?

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For the most part, I do know my scales but its just hearing it and knowing that it is in a certain key is difficult for me. It's something I have to work on though.

Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I can never completely just key in on the bass when filtering it out. You're simply using an EQ to filter it out right?
Just use a low pass filter. And for finding keys, I use mixed in key. Gives you tempo and key. Knowing your scales and being able to figure it out yourself by ear is invaluable, but mixed in key is a time saver.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Im no expert, but for finding keys i try to listend, and hold a steady humming that goes threw the whole beat Whitout sounding off, that humm is your key, now find that hum on your keyboard and play the scale. The nice thing for me is to then find the minor parallel off that hum and then play the scale and improvice in that... Say your root note is c, then play around in Am scale, you get a nice, different feel to it... :)) sorry for my bad english, but hope it will help...