Advice for those that just want to give up.

• beat this! voting starts in...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
"I don't know what anyone expects in pursuing music as a career, but what I can say is that for most part, it takes years and for others it just happens. Take what is said to heart and keep working hard because there are going to be those days that make you want to give up and most people do. But always remember that anything that asks you to work hard also has great reward, not just in money but in self satisfaction as well. Great lives often begin with tragedy and hardship, so when times seem hard - look at it like you are beginning something great or you are halfway through onto something better. Ive been through it all and had friends at my side to remind me this and I just wanted to help remind you."

- Woodcock

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yo hate to be blunt but if u think about quittin then u must question whether ur hearts in it. coz if ur heart aint in it then u will go nowhere.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Very cliche, yet very true.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
if people think in terms of carreer i dont mind that people are giving up,,, i think in terms of music, giving up on music in my case is not an option.

O

open mind

RigorMortis said:
if people think in terms of carreer i dont mind that people are giving up,,, i think in terms of music, giving up on music in my case is not an option.
cosign it!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
It's true cus i was thinking bout giving up a few weeks ago.. and now i landed a beat on a major artists album, so if u just stay on your grind and work hard to improve your beats.. cus your never at the level you aim for .. at least i can think of a dozen of things i want to improve in my beats, but i got one at a good artists album.. so i'm good for the next weeks and i'm motivated again..

so to all of y'all that want to quit, don't do it.. stay up... listen to shit that u love and maybe u'll find that one hot sample that will spark your ideas...

Good looks on the motivation Wings!!

Peace

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Lazy Eyes said:
It's true cus i was thinking bout giving up a few weeks ago.. and now i landed a beat on a major artists album,

whos the artist?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
My take on it is that if you want to give up, then that may mean its time for you to fall back for a while and maybe get some balance in your life. Some producers spend hours and hours in front of a cpu screen and haven't been outside since their junior year of high school when they got those turntables or beat machine.

The people on your tv screen that "made it" are the worst examples for anybody to follow(speaking in general terms), and if you knew their true story, and not the bio and marketing angle that some publicist made up, you would know that you might not have your beats on every major commercial release, but you're making music to enjoy it,
and if you're working a halfway decent job, you're probably making more per year than a gold artist.

Enjoy your music, but don't let it consume you where you feel like quitting, its always something you can go back to.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
shadeed said:
The people on your tv screen that "made it" are the worst examples for anybody to follow(speaking in general terms), and if you knew their true story, and not the bio and marketing angle that some publicist made up, you would know that you might not have your beats on every major commercial release, but you're making music to enjoy it,
and if you're working a halfway decent job, you're probably making more per year than a gold artist.

This is EXACTLYYYYYYYY what I've been told a little while ago and being faced by this reality, it really did hit me and killed my bubble (lol). Even if you Know people in this industry, if they REALLY care about you, they wont let you take advantage of, cuz newbies are not respected in this industry. You wont get a lot of publishing or lot of money. Theres enough musicians out there able to redo your tracks. You want to make beats as a living? Good Luck.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well imma do it regardless of what im against.

god hasnt denied me of anything else ive persued...

this one just takes alot more work and time = more appreciation

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Its funny to me, all these people saying they will never give up. To me, if you are really about the music, you would leave it open. Saying 'ill never quit' puts you in a mindset which ends up the same as staying in the game for financial reasons.

What im saying is, basically, that doing music even when its not fun BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY YOU DO MUSIC AND YOU DONT QUIT, is the same as doing it for the money.

Get me?

If you only do it for the music, why would you ever say that youll never quit? what if you stop enjoying the music?

Of course i dont plan to quit music, but im also not saying i wont quit. The second music stops keepin me up at night, and making be wish i was making beats when im doing almost anything else (ALMOST), then ill quit. Call me a quitter if you want.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I do it because i like it. And i will never give up. If doesent gets me the big bucks that's it. I'll still work work work and work.