Advice on the mc808....and microphones...?

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well i went to guitar center today with my friend..... i've been making beats for a little while now, but we trying to start a rapping and beatmaking crew right now.... and we been rapping for years, the only thing is that my friend hasn't been making beats at all...

now...

for the microphone part of it... he recomended us either groove tubes model(i think it was like 200 dollars, but i forgot the brand).... or the sterling audio st66(http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pr...aphragm_tube_condenser_mic?full_sku=103640900 3640900)

Which one of the two would you recommend? and by the way, i have the lexicon lamda interface which i probably plug it into..

and.... the other thing was... my friend was looking on purchasing the roland mc808.... we fucked around w/ it in the store and it seemed like it wasn't bad.... we about to purchase it too.... anything i should know about it?

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The thing that turned me off about the 808 is the fact that all the editing and ish has to be done through the computer, which is a big no no for me.

I dont mess with vocals, so I'm sorry I cant recommend which microphone would be best.

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah after hearing a few things about the 808, i'm probably not going to be purchasing that one, but any thing on the mics?