After making your beat what is your intentions to do with it?

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
My intention is to try and see if i can come up with collab's or try to make a hit or add to my personal archive and stack up on beats and maybe one day if someone goes threw my archive they can do something good with it and put it to use, usually i would find acapellas and throw acapellas over my beats then make a mixtape out of it but to be honest i have only sold 4 beats from 2005 - 2013 and i used to think its because what i produce is trash or its just because im not apart of the industry and im nobody big or never heard of but now i dont care i grew out of it and now im jus like fk it whatever happens happens and i make music just bcs i can do that..

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
These days I have a project for each track I make or an artist at least in mind that I email an mp3 of and see if they want. I still have a long ways to go, but at least most things have a home. Seriously it took years of blood sweat and tears to get it to this point. But the thought of just leasing a beat is so lame to me. I don't even try to chase that market.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
If it's a sample based beat, colab or sell. If it's original stuff, license, sell,colab. Funny thing, my main passion is rappin, but until recently, I never focused on doing beats that I would spit to. Weird.

once a beat is finished my intention is to get an artist on it and make loads of money. but what we want and what we get are two different things. I have never EVER sold a beat. and not for lack of trying. I wont sell a beat for 9.99 either, and thats why I havent sold anything. Or maybe my beats just aint cutting it.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I have never EVER sold a beat. and not for lack of trying. I wont sell a beat for 9.99 either, and thats why I havent sold anything. Or maybe my beats just aint cutting it.
i've never even tried to sell a beat. i just make 'em, put 'em on soundcloud, and move on. i used to try to put albums together, but it just helped to reinforce the fact that i don't like people. so, in my little music bubble, i'm a mogul. to the outside world, i don't even exist. ROFL.

i have submitted 2 discs to pump audio. the first got rejected, the 2nd has been awaiting approval for almost a year now...correction. i just checked, it's been over a year.

Frankie Perez

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
You know whats a good Idea, real talk what if a few solid members from illmuzik got together lets say about 6 of us and we do a live mixtape featuring guest rappers not industry rappers but unsigned hype rappers on our beats live on video and call it ILLMuzik Member Productions I dont know just an idea it would be cool just to have for bragging rights that illmuzik has the Illest live mixtape or we can try to sell that video and it can go towards the site to help other producers and rappers or to help keep the site out or for IllMuzik production ? to go towards something i mean hard work must payoff for something.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ya we had "Ill Compilations" Vol 1-3 a few years back. They were really good but the last time I tried to put one together, most people bailed, LOL. It's something we should definitely do again, but it all comes down to member participation.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I either tailor make them for an srtist, or if I make one I wait till someone I dig comes over then start palying a slew of them and wait till they freak out on one. Then we record it and push it. Normally its for someone on one of the labels I work with and tailor made, I dont do 1000 tracks an hour.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Eyo, were can i find that "Ill Compilations" Vol 1-3, this would be nice to listen to...
-----
Money has never been the drive, music for me is pure love/feel, and you cant buy that!!:). I just love making music, after im done whit a song i put it on soundcloud/illmuzik and move to the next one, i dont have any spesific ideas after its done, what happends, happends i think.. I love if people want to rap/remix/whatever whit the beats, so everyone is welcome to do whatever.. I guess the main intension, for me, is to enjoy what i do, and if i can make someone feel good/something when the beats are done, thats a big bonus... If anyone would like to give me money for a beat, i would say thank you, but to make music to get money! Just not my style!

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
I generally make beats for me or slide them to emcees i know, who will USE them. I have no problem playing repo man on unused beats either. I have a few tracks placed with pump audio. I've made maybe $500 in the past 10 years with them. wasn't worth it for me. I love remixing whole albums, and put out instrumental albums every once in a while. otherwise i put a couple nice ones on the soundcloud and move on.

members online