Akai MPC Live 2

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So it looks like they're set to release this and it looks like a cross between Live and MPC One. It's standalone and even has speakers! It really just looks like a Live 1 with speakers and updated software.

Yay or nay?

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
@Fade I use Live and it looks exactly like you said with a few extra butttons
. if I can have all the updates why would i need to buy this besides the speakers and being able to effect the plug ins from the q links. I know that beat was fire in the beginning lol. Dude is nice on that joint though.

Last edited:

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@crosstevsky I paid 1200 dollars for my live 1. paid 100 a month though while I already had it. No way I'm gonna buy this version when I can do the same things. Wonder what Maschines answer to this is gonna be or rather Native instruments. I own a Maschine as well
I don't know...I mean i don't say that is not worth it, but it's a lot of money...and besides im used to the DAW/computer workflow...

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
I don't know...I mean i don't say that is not worth it, but it's a lot of money...and besides im used to the DAW/computer workflow...
I don't think it is worth it if you own the Live but it's def a quality piece of hardware for someone looking to use hardware. most of my partners use FL or Maschine.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've been saying this for a long time about these companies and how they just put something new out every year to keep profits up. If they bring something new each year that changes the workflow in a better way, then fine, but just adding a few buttons and speakers? No.

I just people would stick with what they have and make beats! There's no need to upgrade to something newer unless it's going to improve your workflow.

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
But the Piano Roll was pure shit...
You had a Drum Grid where you could do drums in but you couldn't make the Piano Notes longer by mouse.

You had to literally Step-Edit everything… so if you want to do that you're better of with a DAW