Akai Mpd-32...is This Possible????

ill o.g.
OK now on the mpc you cna hold the note repeat button and the padd u want to repeat then you can change the timing in real time...Now I see that the mpd-32 has BOTH of those features. Now sa I want to do the hihat roll or the dirty south snare roll...In reason if I had a snare sample in the NN-19 or even in the redrum dosent matter, Do you think I would be able to hold note repeat and change the timming in real time and still have reason quantize the way I played it out???

ANYONE THINK THATS POSSIBLE?? Because I hate drawing them in, if thats not possible im just going to go ahead and get the mpc 2000xl....

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I would assume you could. The MPD-32 would act as the Midi for the hardware so if its doing the "repeat" feature that would mean the midi notes would be doing the repeat as well. Essientially doing it in reason for whatever Redrum or device you use.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It'll work. If it works on the mpc it'll work with the MPD....the note repeat is exactly the same. That's why if you'd don't sequence with the MPC you don't need it.....just cop the MPD. If I didn't already have an MPC I'd definitely have the mpd.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
So you want the notes that u produce via note repeat on the MPD to quantize that exact same way into the reason sequencer?

If so, i would imagine you would just set Reason to quantize at the same resolution as you used on the MPD and it should work?? Hypothetically anyways....
For example, if your note repeating at 1/16 triplets on the MPD, then after you recorded that information into Reason, i would just highlight those notes, choose 1/16T in reason and then quantize.
I would A and B it tho after u do quantize because you might loose some of the feel produced from the MPD possibly if it happens to have a unique quantization in comparison to Reason's sequencer.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
works fine on the mpk, where you've got a coupla buttons to set the timings. i'd assume on the mpd you'd have a similar setup. as it shows on my mpk you get 1/2 1/4 1/4t 1/8 1/16 1/16t 1/32 or somethin. and maybe a couple more with T's. the difference being the 1/4 is just 4 notes in a measure interval, and the 1/4t means a tap tempo every quarter measure.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
The T's just for "Tripplet"....Its when u dont play right on the 1 and 2 every time, it has a pseudo swing to it.

Dude, the easiest way to absolutely verify whether that particular product does what your looking for or not is to just shoot Akai an email real quick and ask.
www.akaipro.com