Akai MPK49 - Question

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Just got my MPK49, liking it so far. At the minute I've only programmed it to do the very basics (rec on keyboard records in reason, play, stop etc.). Now I'm wondering how I program the pads so that it basically plays like an MPC, each pad plays part of the sample/loop. Any idea how to do it? I've skimmed through the manual but maybe I missed it.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's only a midi controller with the shell of an mpc, not the brain. Spreading samples across the pads or keys would have to be done within your DAW.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
You're either going to have to use the DR. Rex or the NN-XT in order to have samples spread across your keys or pads. If using the Dr. rex you'll have to chop and convert to rex files by using recycle. The NN-XT will handle rex, aif or wav. You can use a program like Sony acid pro to chop up a song into small segments that will be wav files and load them into the NN-XT.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
basically all you've gotta do is map the sounds to the keys you want using nn-xt and then over by the pads where it says "pad bank A,B,C,D" you pick a new bank for a higher octave (where your other samples will be mapped) each of the 12 pads represents a key in the octave that you have your samples assigned to.