Akai mpk49 users please enter

adthekidd

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Im planning on buying a mpk49 but before i do i wanted some quick info on it...

1st) im pretty sure ill be able to use it with reason... But my concern can i program the pads to work with redrum... Then switch it to another instrument and go right back to the keyboard with out having to switch anything?

Another concern i have if its easy to program it 2 use it with reason??

Thanks in advance

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the mpk 49 is probably one of the best options for reason in my opinion.
the pads work well with redrum, but i dont think that you'll find any cases where you get simultaneous control over different instruments...
for reason 4.01 you dont even necessarily have to program it, as 4.01 comes with a built in reason remote profile.
also, if you do buy the MPK, i must say that it's control parameters go well with ableton live!
i readily endorse the mpk, have had it since the damn thing came out and its got everything you could want in a midi controller!

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Definitely get the MPK. You can use it fine with ReDrum and the other instruments in your rack, and it's simple to program. My only bug with it is the fact that it only has 12 pads instead of the MPC's 16, that's why I'm seriously considering investing in an MPD24 for the 16 pads. Makes it a whole lot easier than playing 12 chops, pressing the bank B button and playing the next 4.