akai s900 or s950 with an sp1200

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE ALL MY SAMPLES ARE GOING FROM MY S900 TO THE SP.....
IVE HAD MY 950 HOOKED UP TO IT BEFORE BUT ITS BEEN AWHILE I DONT REMEBER WHAT KEYS ARE WHAT.....I JUST GOT THE 900 AND I GOT SAMPLES COMING OUT OF THE MIX OUT BUT NOTHING VIA MIDI...... I KNOW THIS IS A SHOT IN THE DARK BUT DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE???????
I GOT SOME SAMPLES I NEED TO MIX INTO THE SP FOR THE SHOWCASE...... DESPERATE.. COUSIN!!!!!!
RIGHT ON FOR THE HELP!

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
are you trying to trigger the samples in the 900 with the sp1200. or are you just syncing up the 2 machines. if you are trying to trigger the samples in your 900 with the 1200 just remember that in order to transmit both machines must be on the same channel. (midi track 1 on 900, midi track 1 on 1200) set your polyphony to mono so that 1 track carries one sound. most importantly if you are only using the 2 machines then you can hook your midi cables up like so, (midi out of the 900 to midi in of the 1200, and midi out of the 1200 to midi in ofthe 900). now if you are just going to sync the 21 machines together then you want to make the 1200 the master and the 900 the slave. to do that set 1200 clock to internal and the 900 clock to midi so that the 1200 will control the 900.

hope this helps

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Make sure on the S950 that the samples are mapped according to the program you have loaded.......if you have a stock or saved sample disk made correctly it will auto map all of the samples from the program, just like and mpc....I had the SP12 running with S950 and also MPC 2000 for about 3 years and recently liquidated all of my old gear....also I am not sure how familiar you are with s950 sample mappings, you have to make sure that you allocate enough midi channels in the program mode and you can test this from the front panel and then from your controller or sp1200.....

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
word! right on big d........
yo man, you cats really help a brotha out, and show love.......
thats what the game was supposed to be....
many thankz

members online