Album Covers.. The lost art..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
As a kid I remeber all the cool ass album covers that I would stare at while listening to my dads records.
What the hell happened to the art of making a good one? I think master P helped kill it with the cheapo look when he first started blingin.The point here and this thread is if you have some cool ass album covers post' em or the link here, crazy as they come..
You just find (prolly as the result of cd's being a smaller visual medium) really in depth cool get lost in it album covers anymore... Those who go diggin might know what Im talkin about.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
^ LOL but thats what Im sayin , some sort of thought ,as wack as it may be, was put into it...It becomes part of the album, lol thus the whole "experience" of the thing...
In fact that link is a different thread entirely...wackest album covers.! lol
K! Now can we get some Hendrix covers or somthing?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Even the whole No Limit-type of album covers are gone. At least they gave me a good laugh. For the Ill Compilation covers we just kept it simple, but for an artist - I think right now it's all coming down to the label, but of course that's a whole different discussion!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Remember them Cash Money covers back in the days?? YOooo, i was looking in the Source and i was young, and I thought that there was always the same ad for the same album all this time, until I realise it was a different one each time loll

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Got damn Wings!!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Damn Wings ! lol
This was supposed to have some good album covers in here as well tho.....

ok I looked at about 4 of those there wings and Im at work,,,have to hold off on that.

OK point here..Album covers, does alchemist have ADD? Seriously..But I follow him, nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SwJoxL23Lg&mode=related&search=

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Relic said:
As a kid I remeber all the cool ass album covers that I would stare at while listening to my dads records.
What the hell happened to the art of making a good one? I think master P helped kill it with the cheapo look when he first started blingin.The point here and this thread is if you have some cool ass album covers post' em or the link here, crazy as they come..
You just find (prolly as the result of cd's being a smaller visual medium) really in depth cool get lost in it album covers anymore... Those who go diggin might know what Im talkin about.

I think album covers are a reflection of the times, plus back in your pop's era musicians used to really high most of the time and it wasn't a big deal because everybody else was too.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
one of my favorite all time album covers was the beastie boys licensed to ill. it was a double album with the plane crashing on it

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
man in what kind of drugs was the person who made that video with the war of the covers? :p

members online