"All Eyez On Me" style

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If it's convenient, I had some questions fam,

The Death Row production team did some very unique work w/ the production of this album. When I first got the album, I didn't like the beat style but the style grew on me and now I love it.

What did they use to produce these beats? How would someone go about trying to do this now?

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cosign that mos def. That's what I loved about the album.

I'm listening to "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" right now and the beat is fairly simple but that Daz bassline is straight fire!

Anyone know what their equipment was?

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
naw man u should look that up.. i know that the dude from hyphy is stated in the Scratch..

He got a MPC 4000 and some keys... Microkorg it is. and a trinity rack mount

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
daz, dre produced some trax on that to ... to me it wasnt only the production but the mixing/ mastering .. to me that album just sounds so good .. sonically.. the bass hits .. the snares crack .. shit sounds warm and full as hell .. whoever mastered that album did a sic job i think that might be be the best sounding rap album of all time from the mixng/mastering standpoint

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Lazy Eyes said:
naw man u should look that up.. i know that the dude from hyphy is stated in the Scratch..

He got a MPC 4000 and some keys... Microkorg it is. and a trinity rack mount

I'd look it up homie but I'm out of town for a long-ass time (stationed in Asia, no Scratch :'C)

O

open mind

yes man that album is fuckin warm it must have to do with the bassline they used

pLentee

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Lazy Eyes talkin about Rick Rock.

On that album u got Daz, DJ Quik, Dr Dre and Battlecat i think. Its funny, coz all of them producers sounded different on that album. musta been the atmosphere they was in.

blkyankee

ill o.g.
[qoute]On the real, is he ya uncle? His beats were my favorite on the album![/qoute]

Yeah thats really my uncle, he's the one that got me into this.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
i fully agree about all eyes on me being a banging disc, one of my favs. Dre only has one track daz does a lot of the beats, as does pac's boy from earlier in his career known as Johny J who has sick beats on me against the world, thuglife and all eyes on me, dude has tight beats and has never been around since. I also noticed the album as a whole has a lot of musicians, live guitars and basses on the bulk of the tracks ie- picture me rollin, god can judge me etc

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
from memery, Johnny J did most of ths production on the album with Daz and Dre having produced the standout tracks.

it's mostly well produced keyboard based beats with some interpolation of samples as well

classic album and probably the best ever double cd in hip-hop history

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
legendary album by the GOAT.

now u mention it, it does sound different to other albums (sonically). i dunno very 'deep' tones on most tracks.

the drums also make it unique.

O

open mind

Vince said:
Check my thread on "The Making of All Eyez on Me"
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11401

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM THE HEART MY BROTHER that article was very infromative to one of my fave album of all time shit is deep.

iam very impressed daz did the most tracks that i felt the most never knew he was and still is a producer i only knew he a rapper.wtf tradin war stories from mike morsley n rick ross? whoa never thought they can make such deep ish man.very informative thanks again.

while i was reading that article u posted it put me right there n i felt like i was a ghost in that studio and i smelld sum weed!!!!!

it also showed that pac wasnt happy at all on death row and wanted to get his 3 album deal or wuteva done very fast so he can start his own MAKAVELI RECORDS.but like we all know its history now R.I.P. 2pac