All in one studio

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Nice "eye candy" but other than a DAW being the center piece of my studio never would I turn to something like this.

My Axiom goes down I can still twerk with my mpc or my other M-Audio keyboard, my MPC goes down I still have pads on my Axiom, if my Fast Track pro sound card goes down I still have my Connectv. One of my Vestax turntables goes out I have my VCI-100 and two Stantons on the side line ready to fill in till I get it fixed. My desktop goes down I have my laptop with Ableton & Reason on it for back up.

This thing goes down for $7Grand you are screwed until they fix it or replace it. That picture looks photoshop'd by the way.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
yeah the pic looks fake but models like this or similar to this do exist.

it's just overpaying for something that I already have, but what I have is modular like LDB said, if one part goes down I can still keep ticking. Plus I'm fond of my gear. Having 4 or 5 pieces in my "collection" is a hell of a lot cooler than having one.

:cool:

MORFEEUS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah the DBEAT is supposed to be the MPC KILLER.....i guess we will only see in time...i think that all of the pieces that Open Labs make are tight....but MAD EXPENSIVE....i just love that u have so much stuff right there at ur finger tips .... but as for if one thing breaks...that could pose a problem compared to having each piece individually

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You can't deny that it looks pretty dope...photoshopped or not...

But yeah, you pay for the convenience of having everything in one...but if something goes bad, you're fucked, But shit..4 terabytes...that's not bad at all....

If I had money to waste, I'd buy it....Then again..if I had money to waste, I'd buy a lot more for the same price....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If I had 7k to spend at will today I'm grabbin' these right now with about $600 pocket change left over!

That Rain joint is the next best thing to buying a supa Mac...actually may be better because you get everything you need straight out the box! It's assembled for todays music production and recording.

Attachments

• JBL LSR POWERED STUDIO MONITORS $1600.jpg
    JBL LSR POWERED STUDIO MONITORS $1600.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 136
  • M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 $500.jpg
    M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 $500.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Neumann TLM 49 $1600.jpg
    Neumann TLM 49 $1600.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Rain Recording Computer $2500.jpg
    Rain Recording Computer $2500.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 112

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Word @ LDB and Formant..

If you travel ALOT and like the convienence of having everything readily available, then this may work for you. But it's fucking huge and that case isn't going to be cheap/light, either. It's 46lbs, which can get pretty heavy after a while.

But nothing beats seperate pieces to the puzzle..because they can be interchanged at any time, as opposed to this lunky thing. It's all eye candy...It's like buying a fast million dollar vehicle when you can drop 30K into a 2004 mustang cobra to make it go faster than the million dollar car. And the parts are cheaper...

But it's a dope idea, though....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
If I had 7k to spend at will today I'm grabbin' these right now with about $600 pocket change left over!

And that would go to all the wiring and cables (if you're first starting out). And you don't even have to spend the money on that mic/monitors. Those are just the dopest shit out right now..lol..

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
They are dope machines no doubt, for a while I was stuck on getting one...then I realized...I can build my own machine that's as powerful and with as much storage for a lot less, using 64bit I can have way more ram too lol.

Dope concept, dope idea, especially for the "studio nomad" but I'm a home/basement producer so...yeah...having lil odds and ends around me is not a problem. And like everyone said, if something breaks I'm still good...or if I want to upgrade my interface, or my controller, or whatever, I'm good.

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i bought a mac pro instead of buyin this, and a few soft synths, and in november im buyin the korg m3 or the fantom-g... cant decide which.