all my fruity loops users, please help me

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
everybody that uses fruity loops, can you give me the pro's and cons of the program, i'm thinking of getting the new producers edition. also i know the fpc works with the akai mpd but do you know if it works with the trigger finger. thanks in advance

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
The FPC will work with any midi controller. The only cons of owning Flstudio is not owning the producers edition, and thinking you can make beats without knowing anything about music.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Don't believe the hype, all it takes is a good thinker. People go through little phases were they get in slimps and think the reason why there not making good stuff is because they need some more equipment. Yeah I do have a 64 key midi synth, but I went out and bought a mpd16 and hardly used it. Even with the midi controller I still use my Keyboard keys to program sometimes. I have a sony viao labtop, and my keys spring back up after I press so they kinds feel like pads, but works great as well, and your keyboard keys will give you 2 octives to play with. I would get a midi keyboard and forget about the mpd16 or a trigger finger. Chances are if your not a drummer, your only gonna find single instrument use effective for it, meaning you lay all your kicks, hats, snares,and crashes separate. If you want to go the drummer route, you'll have to train your hands to do it with the absense of your feet, which will probably prove itself boring, atleast to me. I'm not gonna to learn how to play a 16 pad controller, you might as well learn the keyboard, or how to use a real drumset. Also, 9 times out of 10, when you see somebody programing on a mpc, they're hitting 1 pad at a time. The 16 pad thing is alot of hype. Classic put it perspective one time, but I don't think no body really caught on. In reference to using those pads, it's not about the pads, it's about the feeling. When you program music on a computer it is visual and audio. For beginners this can pose a serious problem and cause you to waste money thinking you need to buy more sounds, controllers, hardware, whatever, just because you can't really place your fingers on the things that are going wrong. It's hard to separate the visual from the audio on the computer, because there is so much visual stuff you have to navigate threw on it. On the hand, you have the mpc, with this tiny little lcd and black letter and numbers you always need to get close to to see. When your making beats on this, your using your ears mostly, and things sound good because they sound good, not because you know they are visually in the correct quantized space. It's a different type of experience in making music, and that is what needs to be takin from the mpc not the pads. If you really gonna be into producing, start getting the things that are going to help you become fully functional like a condenser mic, 48v pre-amp, hardware compressor. Get the stuff that will enable you to produce a complete product if feel what I'm sayin. I sold my mpd, and bought those three things I just mentioned to you, and the only thing I miss is the idea of having pads. The pads are hype homie. Sorry for the ear full, just thought I'd put you up on some game.

Jut

ill o.g.
FL is GREAT...

For me, there are no cons...

There is nothing u CANT do with it... Though u may want somethin like cool edit pro to chop up samples but u can do it in fruity also...

I use a keyboard with it, works great, no latency once u download asio drivers...

the stock sounds suck, b ut thats what the internet is for *wink*

Get FL man...

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
hey thanks kevin A, i actually do some druming at church, and i've tried playing out my drum patterns on a keybored and i really dont like it, that why i wanted to get the pads, because i like the feel of them and i can realy bang my drums out. and i already have a condesor mic, cause i'm an mc.

oh, also is it possible to use more than one midi controller with fl at the same time.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love FL - my only CON is its processing and mp3 render

The processor slows down once a few VST are inserted..so you need a powerful CPU to run alot of things at once - which u happen to do in a good song.

The audio tracking is good - altho i think they should come up with a better way to record audio into the program...

And the renderer is "okay" - not as expressive as Cubase or Live.
------

Other than that you can knock out heat in FL - get you a midi - some good drum kits - and some VSTS and you are on your way,

Since i use ALOT of VST FX and My rack -im currently using Live becuase of those features i mentioned FL lacking.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
DaSon said:
I love FL - my only CON is its processing and mp3 render

The processor slows down once a few VST are inserted..so you need a powerful CPU to run alot of things at once - which u happen to do in a good song.

The audio tracking is good - altho i think they should come up with a better way to record audio into the program...

And the renderer is "okay" - not as expressive as Cubase or Live.
------

Other than that you can knock out heat in FL - get you a midi - some good drum kits - and some VSTS and you are on your way,

Since i use ALOT of VST FX and My rack -im currently using Live becuase of those features i mentioned FL lacking.

well i just got a new pc and the only programs i'll have on it is fl protools and vst/plugins. the specs on the pc are p4 3.0 80gb hardrive for windows 160gb hardrive for audio and 1 gig of memory. do you think that's enough?

rob-beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
50 cal said:
well i just got a new pc and the only programs i'll have on it is fl protools and vst/plugins. the specs on the pc are p4 3.0 80gb hardrive for windows 160gb hardrive for audio and 1 gig of memory. do you think that's enough?

I run fruity on POS 1.2ghz 256MB RAM 40gb hard drive and it works decent as long as i don't load any huge soundfonts and more than 5 or 6 vst's. You should be fine for a long time with what you have.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
50 cal said:
ok, that's good to know

i got p4 3ghz - 1gig memory - 180 gb hd

and FL will slow down on yer self if you got your sources tied up

i think MY problem is that i got AIM - My Zonealarm and Virus all loaded tot his PC

i may have to make my computer exclusive to beats - as soon as i get a secondary for the net.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
DaSon said:
i got p4 3ghz - 1gig memory - 180 gb hd

and FL will slow down on yer self if you got your sources tied up

i think MY problem is that i got AIM - My Zonealarm and Virus all loaded tot his PC

i may have to make my computer exclusive to beats - as soon as i get a secondary for the net.

well the computer i was talking about wont have internet on it, i'm getting rid of everything i dont need paint notepad all of that. it's going to be dedicated just to music