All The Way Turnt Up

yungboss

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

Notice the same song done by two different artists. The one by roscoe dash is the one being published. Explain to me the business behind this. Why isnt the Travis Porter version of the song being advertised (which i know it as being the original song)?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I have no idea but if I had to guess, the original song was owned by someone else other than the performers (Travis Porter). The actual owners (record label) sold the song to Soulja Boy and they are the ones capitalizing off of it.

I al totally guessing here. I could be waaaaaaaaaaay off.

I just went to see a live country music performer last night at a local bar called Dan McGuiness. Well the guy performed a song that he wrote and is on his solo album, but I guess Tracy Adkins
bought a license to the song and performs it too and is getting more money and credit that the original writer. But I guess the original writer is getting his royalties.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Awww man! I just heard the story behind this smh. There was licencing problems so they got someone else to do the beat or song... just google it lol!

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
Once a song is recorded and released once, anyone can then record that song. So once Travis Porter recorded that song and it was released, anyone can record a cover of it (same thing with the country song). Now, obviously, the original songwriter retains the copyright, and he'll get paid everytime Travis or Roscoe play it (I'm assuming that some other third party wrote the song, which is often the case in pop). Hope that helps.

H

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
It was a bit deeper than that tho...

Prince Kay

ill o.g.
If you listen to both songs Roscoe Dashs version is much louder and out there, has more energy then Travis Porters... But Travis probably never wrote his... There isn't to many rappers who write their own stuff

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqlYOQg_M-o"]YouTube- Travis Porter Address Jeffery Lee Johnson Jr. About All The Way Turnt Up[/ame]