Allure Remix Sample ID?

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
soul..seek is wak its only good if you are trading MP3's of records u allready own. or else your weak.... fake producers dig on the net. keep it real. D.I.T.C fuck the internet for samples!!! straight up real talk

T

The Bastard

nevaspend said:
i know all about sample clearance. thats not what i'm getting at. my point is if you support sampling how can you call giving some kid a song stealing? if anything, sampling a song is more of a theft than simply sharing it with someone. when you sample you use someone else's creative efforts for personal gain.
true that, its not like hes askin you what sample you used for YOUR SONG. hes askin about a just blaze beat.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
hmmmm, blunt you pretty ethical ehh, i dont consider it stealing myself, look at roberta flack, she got shit loads of cash when fugees sampled her, not from wy but from peoeple buying her old shit, sampling revives careers, and surely sampling 2 bars from a song isnt stealing?

beasties did it, dont know what track, but the original artist, some jazz flutinst took em to court, and who won? The Beasties did, the court said that that much of a sample didnt infringe on the copywrite, so if not clearing samples is illegal, go tell the beasties that....

on another note tho...i think actually buying the record sought of gives you the right to sample as well, in a sought of perverted way, cuz you have forked out for the tunes, you have supported the artist, so go buy it...

also, do yo think people like smiff n wesson clear samples, or El-P, i dont think so....check funcrusher plus, not one sample is credited, and this is our boy EL-P here....

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i cant front i sample off everything possible shit just blaze got the touch the sky sample off the net my peoples juss hit me wit a portable turntable so i used my dj mixer and now i'm samplin off vinyl but i was an mp3 digger and shit i still am im broke cant go get them records as sad as it is but i like usin vinyl to sample cuz u get the rarer songs that most people haven't loaded up to mp3 yet as well as damnit im a dj and i need that vinyl crackle it warms my ears i cant front juss like some of yall dislike when people juss download the mp3 i dislike cd dj's it seems too easy savin that money to buy that vinyl and damnit luggin that vinyl around at parties is a pain but rockin the crowd makes u forget all about that back pain and arthritis u're gonna get in the next 10 years but the technology is gonna keep doin wat it does so guess we gotta live wit it shit when jazzy jeff uses cd's to dj a party wat can i say sorry for goin off topic vented a lil bit there