Alright

• beat this! voting starts in...

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
Now then.

Been making beats (solo) for about a year. Been involved in music for nearly 20 years.

I make boombap and breaky boombap (not really sure what to call some of my stuff) stuff, using maschine (1.8) and Studio One but considering a move to iOS (Auria) in the near future... I don't know... Might do, might not.

I'm not a fan of trap.

Thanks for having me.

OriginalNoGuru

I grew up in rock n roll bands... Spent a lot of nights stood in front of a mic stand, facing an empty room and a lot of weekends in sweatbox studios... Took a pretty extended 'time out' and then got a kinda itch to start doing something again...
As I've gotten older it's become apparent that 'I don't play well with others' (I'm less likely to put up with the sh*t that goes part and parcel with being in a band as I once did) and my music tastes have changed massively... So a set up where I could create on my own and bring in vocalists/musicians (of which I know many) 'as and when' really appealed to me!

So far I haven't brought anybody in... But I have chatted to a guitarist I was in a band with about getting some riffs down and am looking for a rapper (I like enough to invite into my home) to lay down on a few tracks...

OriginalNoGuru

Back then, yeah... Lots of hair! But I was always with bands that could get some groove on... Was always important to make sure any girls in the room were dancing, so the other bands on the bill would hate us cos we pretty much just played 'for' their girlfriends while we were on stage and played 'with' their girlfriends while they were!

It had its moments... A lifetime ago... Ha!

I guess that comes out in my beats though... I like my drums heavy, hard hitting and I turn the swing way up but I'm not afraid to use a ride or crash cymbal as well as just kick, snare and a high hat.