Always, I mean ALWAYS WITHOUT FAIL. Backup your work.

Get saving, you will thank me later
im saving for a midi right now, my bro has a pc tho, i send him mp3s of my dopest beats everyday, that maaaaaaaaay count as backup, 1% :D its not much but its honest work :D

im saving for a midi right now, my bro has a pc tho, i send him mp3s of my dopest beats everyday, that maaaaaaaaay count as backup, 1% :D its not much but its honest work :D
Believe me, in a few years after you have become better you will want to be able to adjust past work, or an artist might like some changes, always backup the source files, then you can export to mp3 whenever needed and change whatever you like. Im also certain that in a few years when you need a song tracked out for professional mixing, an mp3 just wont cut it

Believe me, in a few years after you have become better you will want to be able to adjust past work, or an artist might like some changes, always backup the source files, then you can export to mp3 whenever needed and change whatever you like
meh, rather put my effort in remaking the beats from the mp3s than sending every single flp file.

Wait, can i store beats in google drive or cloud or ... for free ?

Probably but I found that if you want a decent amount of online storage, you need to pay for it
well, imagining more than 5 gb is decent, we can sign up to 5 different place to have 25 gb, then make 4 accounts at each place to have 100gb, right ? xD thats kinda how everything i have works. imma read about it though

Dude if you cant afford a hard drive get backblaze like today. Its $5 a month and will backup everything. Well worth it! At some point your hard drive will fail. Maybe not this computer or the next but it happens to everyone. Get a good backup going.
man thanks but 5$ is not the same in iran, here 5$ is 600000 rials at least, that can pay for a mans food for 10 days :D

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
Mega gives you 15 free GB (used to be 50, but hey...), Google also, so you can make several free accounts if you end up needing it. The crucial thing for archiving your beats is not to backup the exported tracks, but rather the project files (flp or whatever your DAW saves to) and any samples that the project uses in the same folder.

Basically, store each beat in its own folder and export the project data files into it. Don't know about what goes into your tracks, but my beat project folders rarely exceed a few megabytes.

Also, Mediafire deletes everything you've uploaded if you haven't logged in for a long time, the other two don't from my experience.

members online