Am I Hippity hip hop?

Got a question for the community as i’ve been beating myself up over this (@Fade, no not like fight club).

Are my beats Hip hop? I mean I fell in love as a kid ever since I put that NWA tape into my Walkman!

Thing is I’ve been learning and progressing, studying further and taking all your advice but I’ve come to a point where I think I’m being pulled into some sort of hybrid Hip hop, message, spoken word type, that’s when I’m at my most creative.

I’m playing instruments on the Mpc in a way that I’m sure most rappers would go.. ‘er what the fuck man’ :ROFLMAO:

So, I’m asking for the full truth and honesty of each and anyones opinions on my ‘beats’ and genre and I can take any real harsh criticism true incase some of ya holding back haha!

Honestly this can’t hinder me, only help me, respect and thanks to any replies, appreciate you all.

I mean check my soundcloud, it’s not the ‘norm’, far from it :LOL:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Don’t @InsideOutBeats ask yourself are you Hip Hop, it’s corny and also if you think of when/if you listen to all the genres that comprise the sonic soul of Hip Hop, you are Hip Hop. Hip Hop is the best example of cultural/musical appropriation ever conceived.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I think dude just wanted free plays --- I'm on there clicking around the for 'non hippity hoppety beats' :woot:

All sounds hip-hop to me. Sounds leaning more towards underground hip-hop kinda acoustic style stuff, only one track sounded slightly dnb/breakbeat leaning.

You got nothin' to worry about. Rappers could rap to these easily.

Delta_Nine

F*** UR MIX
You are hiphop, don't question it. And keep battling and keep pressing forward. And most importantly, just have fun with it. Yo, I read somewhere that ur on the mpc live, well, I'm on the mpc one and I picked up some tips that I wanna share with you. I notice you swing a lot of ur drums and I think I have a recipe for you.
I'll pull up to ur SoundCloud also. Peace brother.

You are hiphop, don't question it. And keep battling and keep pressing forward. And most importantly, just have fun with it. Yo, I read somewhere that ur on the mpc live, well, I'm on the mpc one and I picked up some tips that I wanna share with you. I notice you swing a lot of ur drums and I think I have a recipe for you.
I'll pull up to ur SoundCloud also. Peace brother.

Thanks @Delta_Nine, appreciate that. Look forward to that recipe you got. Learning new stuff on the Mpc Live all the time especially different angles of approach when making a beat.
Already been following your SoundCloud, appreciate you checking mine out.
Thanks brother

members online