Am I the only one who is ready to see the end of dirty south?

2good, what music will you switch to?

Probably instrumental based music for sync into film and tv and games.
I have always liked classical instruments, so might go into that direction.
Ill probably do some dance music too, like dnb and house.
There just doesnt seem to be a market for what I call hip hop anymore. And Im fed up of having to rely on others to get tracks finished, if I dont need to rely on anyone else I might fare better.
One of the things that has made me come to this decision is the number of managers Ive dealt with that are just so full of shit and self interest.
For example, I think the manager of Tugze, whose track I recently remixed into a UK garage style was very interested in getting my remix of her track, I sent the track as he was talkinbg all about remix prospects and money making opportunities, then I send the track and hear nothing again. Once again I fell for the bullshit from a manager/label.
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Well the shame is very much on me.
Before I do pack it all in, Im am going to have one mega push of my work to publishing companies and see if I can actually make something happen, instead of waiting for opportunites to land on my lap, because that simply aint gonna happen.
Im just sick and tired of the whole state of hiphop, and then you get someone like Preemo going and co-signing Wayne, and that was like the straw that broke the camels back. Im starting to think that every mainstream hip hop artist/group from day one was a sellout. The illusion has been shattered and I see the biz for what it is. A pile of bullshit.

2good, maybe we could get on the phone. I think I could help get some publishing stuff going for you. You an ASCAP or BMI member?

No, we dont have ascap or BMI here, its PRS and MCPS here in the UK.
I do have an option of joining a royalty collection agent, they want a 20% cut of any profits, I think that would be cool, maybe a little steep, but failing that I can just sign up to the PRS for a £400 fee.
When I look at it I think losing 20% of something is better than having 100% of nothing.
Im on skype now too, my skype name is dj2good
So anyone that has skype and just wants to chew the fat or discuss business get in touch.
And thanks DP that would be cool.

yea everyone will want a cut and many times its worth it to get somewhere, one things leads to another. Anyway I am working most of the day, will try and hit you up later.

It would probably be best to try and hit me up 2moro as im working in the morning and cant stay up late, but 2moro it doesnt matter.
The time difference can be a bitch sometimes.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Yes, I am about to yell: REAL HIP HOP HASN'T GONE ANYWHERE. IT'S JUST NOT MAINSTREAM ANYMORE! THE MUSIC INDUSTRY HAS SUCCEEDED AND TURNED IT INTO MINDLESS BULLSHIT AND THAT'S THE SHIT WE HEAR ON THE RADIO. WHICH IS WHY I DON'T LISTEN TO THE RADIO. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR REAL HIP HOP MUSIC YOU WILL HAVE TO KEEP YOUR EAR TO THE UNDERGROUND AND TURN OFF YOUR FUCKIN RADIO!!!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
cosign. My 7 year old nephew be singing shit I never heard before. He loves the shit that is out now. thats why my ipod goes everywhere with me

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
WOW! 2Good seems to be serious about this. Well I personally would hate to see you go but I dont take this ish that serious. Hip hop has been in my blood from day 1 and I couldn't imagine it any other way. R. Kelly said it best...everything's lovely when you're on top but it's when you hit the bottom that you find out who's really got your back.

HIP HOP LIVES!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
WOW! 2Good seems to be serious about this. Well I personally would hate to see you go but I dont take this ish that serious. Hip hop has been in my blood from day 1 and I couldn't imagine it any other way. R. Kelly said it best...everything's lovely when you're on top but it's when you hit the bottom that you find out who's really got your back.

HIP HOP LIVES!

Amen, bro!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
2good, hiphop isnt something you DO its something you ARE, you cant stop doing it anymore than you can stop being yourself.
I mean you can not pursue money for it but I just cant see just stopping.

I think there would be some terrible side fx on me if I tried.

I mean you can STILL do all those other genres AND still BE hiphop!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
2good, hiphop isnt something you DO its something you ARE, you cant stop doing it anymore than you can stop being yourself.
I mean you can STILL do all those other genres AND still BE hiphop!

Co-fucking-sign...

2Good...yes it has changed and become more commercial and there's less passion and love in it....

You are who you are because of hip-hop, that's like denying who you are...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
You guys need to DL Nomics LP with Midas : The Gold Standard .

I just finished the review and basically it will bring back hope and inspire you .
It gave the feeling I used to get when I would go into a RECORD shop and pick up a 12 inch of some group I had never heard of before say like BDP and go home put it on and have my mind taken on vacation for the length of the record.

That new Raw Nature is the bomb too.

As far as the Dirty South , we make good music down here. I got some fire on the way gd.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
As far as the Dirty South , we make good music down here. I got some fire on the way gd.

Lies...

Nothing but lies....

Lies, lies, lies and more lies.

You are wack, period.

All I do is win win win no matter what.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
*pulls out glove* I challenge you to a DUEL!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Wait..what happened to the one on one battles???

members online