An advanced mixing technique. Sidechained compression on a delay fx channel.

Putting delays on vocals is a great effect to fill empty space or to have a vocal echo out, but if you run the whole vocal through the delay you can end up with a confusing mess of overlapping delayed vocals.

An advanced technique of applying a sidechained compressor, triggered by the vocal you want to delay, to the delay fx channel itself. What this does is it kills the volume of the delay effect until the vocal drops out, leaving the delay to fill the space as intended. It is a trick Ive been using a lot in the last few days and I would highly recommend it to you guys.

Putting delays on vocals is a great effect to fill empty space or to have a vocal echo out, but if you run the whole vocal through the delay you can end up with a confusing mess of overlapping delayed vocals.

An advanced technique of applying a sidechained compressor, triggered by the vocal you want to delay, to the delay fx channel itself. What this does is it kills the volume of the delay effect until the vocal drops out, leaving the delay to fill the space as intended. It is a trick Ive been using a lot in the last few days and I would highly recommend it to you guys.
show me a video

members online