an Interview with ProducerGal lol

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
What type of artist are you?

I'm a beatmaker. The word "beatmaker" can also be an insult for many "producers" out there. I know my strength. I know what I "can" do and what I "cannot" do. I love and respect everybody's work. I have a lot of goals and ideas behind a beat. I pray that the public will appreciate my work even though the R&b/Hiphop scene in MTL is at his worst.

Give a brief history of yourself:

Im Deeply in Love with God. I am very grateful to HIM for everything I am and for everything I have. I've been doing this music thing for a while now. Till this day, I have been blessed enough to meet good singers, rappers, the best musicians in MTL and alot of talented producers who personally helped me on every level possible.

I'm a very discrete person. I don't like to go public. (Everybody has noticed that!! LOL) I enjoy being alone and focus on my music. I LOVE my peace and not OWEING ANYTHING to anyone. I love what I do, even though it may be difficult sometimes. I love to learn from the big boys and watch whats going on from afar. I'm surrounded by close friends and very talented people who keep me grounded all of the time. I don't believe the hype and I don't care much about a celebrity's worth. We are all the same people. Some are just luckier than others. GOD is the only one worthy in my eyes. I trust HIM for whoever I'll be working with in the future. It will be his will and not mine. I love music. I loooove listening. I love sampling. I love the arts. Music is a powerful way to deliver a message. I'm aware that the music industry supports a lot of nasty concepts and mediocre 'talent'. I really hope things will change soon, because its degrading!!

What is the next goal for Producergal (2008) ?

If the sky is the limit, my goal is to go the distance. There are soooo many cats out there longing for the same opportunity. I'm working harder on my craft so that I can be prepared when something interesting knocks on my door. I need to be mentally ready, spiritually ready and of course, musically ready for when it happens. Many projects ahead, good looks for Anjulie, Lukay, Bérénice and many talented people i'll be working with. I rather keep my business on the low right now.

Describe your production visually and musically:

Well, I needed to step up my game... So I've been blessed to have the help of a very good producer in Montreal, Mister Yacoub Moilim. When the time is right, I'll let you guys know more about our business association. Yep, its business... :)

On a personal side, I have also been blessed to be mentored for 3 years by a producer well known in the states. He is the reason why I sound the way that I sound today. God knows how this friendship is dear to me... and the best kept secret too.

Everybody is grindin and working hard. Those 2 people (my mentor and Yacoub) have given me something priceless, and that is, " their time." Words really can't describe how appreciative I am.

What do u think the future holds for you in this Record Industry?

Mmmh.. I need a lawyer LOL. Well, I'm not in 'it' entirely. Everybody seems to want to create their own label nowadays. I guess it's due to the Major label abuse many suffer. Its all about the politics. But I know that whatever happens, I'll be protected. You can't trust everyone. And I definitely don't. So to all the sharks wanting to take advantage of me, beware!! God is my witness!

Who are your musical influences?

Wow, I have so many!!! Missy Elliot was the first woman to influence me. Any beat I was bouncing my head to, she was there!! Her unpredictability was so successful.That's how I discovered Timbaland's music through the many singers he has worked with. Lastly, you can add Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey and Brandy to the list.

On the production side, there are sooo many great producers out there. The first one on my list is my Mentor. He know who he is. Of course you have Timbaland, Will I am, Tha Cornaboyz, Stargate, Tim and Bob (amazing team!!) Darkchild.. and many others.

You can add also my partner Yacoub (and also MY Best Friend), Asaiah and RV (My People from Belgium). DALVIN is HOT too! Pascal Claps , Producers Xme.. just dope, you can find them all on myspace.

Last but not least, my ILLMUZIK peeps. Its a producers community. I've learned so much from many members on there. So much history. I share a deep bond with all of them.

What are your non musical influences?

Situations. People. My emotions.

What are your favorite songs?

I have too many to name... I love songs from R&B to Rap, Jazz to Soul, Gospel to Soulful house, dancehall to pop... etc

What are you listening to now?

I'm listening to my friend's productions or various songs from different artists. I can name a few albums that I listen to randomly.

Chris botti - to love again 2005
Emily King - east side story 2007
Darlene McCoy - gospel 2007
Natasha Bedingfield - 2007
Marvin Sapp -thirsty 2007
Will I am - song about girls 2007
Angie Stone - the art of love and war 2007

Describe your musical style?

Sometimes a blend of RnB, Hiphop, soul, Gospel, Orchestral, Jazz, Electro. Depends on my mood or how I'm feeling. Theres a lot of sadness in my sound. Smooth stuff. I dunno, this is what I've been told.

What inspires you to do what you do?

God, Life.. the people around me who enjoy what I do.

What type of gear do you use?

I'm a cubase fan. But what's really important are the 2 instruments you'll ever need and can't do without, your heart and soul.

Do you have a favorite quote?

I have two!

"If there is no struggle, there is no progress"

"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it."

Is there any advice you'd like to give to other artists?

Well, I'm in the same boat as you. And as far as I'm concerned, everybody is a producer or wants to be one. I suggest that even though you made it or want to make it, stay humble, don't talk bad about others who are influenced by you. Some people can be very funny when they think they're the next big thing. Don't think you're the best. Because when you do, just remember, there's someone out there better than you! :)

PG

members online