hmmm....drums bass melodies!

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i do my melody first, then the bass, then the drums.

in about four bar intervals

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
i always start wit the drums thats the most important part evevrything else comes last unless im sampling then the sample comes first and that directs the bass and drums for the track ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
drums, get the breaks smoothed out. then i see what it feels like

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
1st i do some drums on the keys
not the high hats thats last
then i play a baseline
then a add another sound that plays the same as the baseline . then add more sounds to full it out
i put all of my sounds on single track just in case i would like to change something or the artist might like to change a high hat or tom i use about 8 tracks to make my beats sometime more
then i load it all into my mac computer six tracks at a time. im running DP4 http://www.motu.com
then i do my drops on the computer and my mastering yes my software can do mastering. I just don't have the time

E

Equality 7-2521

i do melody then bass then drums. but i go and forth btween the three to tighten shit up na mean.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
it depends, i always fuck around, so should you, sometimes i start with the bass and ad drums and then the melody, sometimes first the melody and ad the drums on when i got a good layout, no real method, try to do various things and find out which way you like it best..

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i always start with the melody as i feel its most important and everyting shold be made to fit round it, then ill add some drums then a bass then go back through them all and edit them etc till im happy then come the extra bits counter melodies etc then i sequence it all out and add anythin that needs doing like drum change-ups ! then when i happy with that ill edit stuff add effects or woteva and then im done lol !

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
It depends on how im feeling. If i got a melody in my head, i might start with the melody. A lot of times a just put down the drum beat first though. Then i can put down the bass and the melody will follow. Sometimes i leave the bass out entirely though. One thing i find that works well is playin the bass notes at the same time as the kick in your drums. If you listen to tupac, you'll notice that his beats do this almost all the time and i thing that tupac's beats are some of the best out there. I don't know who does them though

T

The Bastard

drums,everythng after that varies sumtimes ill do a bass line after sumtimes i do sum samplin after but i always do drums firstunless im using long samples,then samples first then drums

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Work on the drums, then move on to the melodies and bassline, its simple, lol.

Peace

members online