Another official Kanye West thread

P

Protege

Fade said:
Kanye. You were talking about communism and all that political shit which is not allowed around here anymore.

kanye made it political...and so did the other members here... so be like Kanye and point fingers

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's besides the point. I let it slide, now it's way off topic, let's get back to regular Kanye discussions, nothing political/religious.

Thanks.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
classic said:
Did yall see kanye on oprah, or Kanye, making the album on MTV2, that cat has been flooding the TV lately. THe making of the album was dope though.. it showed him collabing with john biron

He is doing exaclty what i want to do with live musicans etc....

class..

itz a Good thing but hes showin his face to much..................if that were me i'd fall back alil bit

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
classic said:
Did yall see kanye on oprah, or Kanye, making the album on MTV2, that cat has been flooding the TV lately. THe making of the album was dope though.. it showed him collabing with john biron

He is doing exaclty what i want to do with live musicans etc....

class..

Too bad Late Registration is a weaker album then College Dropout. In my opinion it has no replay worth whatsoever and the tracks that do have replay worth, are the tracks made in the College Dropout style (Hey Mama, Diamonds From Sierre Leone).

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Mastertunes said:
Too bad Late Registration is a weaker album then College Dropout. In my opinion it has no replay worth whatsoever and the tracks that do have replay worth, are the tracks made in the College Dropout style (Hey Mama, Diamonds From Sierre Leone).

u kno kanye didnt make that Diamonds track his cousin made the track

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I never actually got to see this haha. i kept hearing about it over and over again, but watchin it now..... its still funny.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
I use to like Kanye West but this is too much...

I use to like like his arrogance at first, cuz he showed some confidence and the College Droppout was a good album. But now he's making all this talkshit about how Gold Digger is the Song of the year?? EXCUUUUUUSE ME, but that song's just trash, here's a video:

http://thatvideosite.com/view/1297.html

that's discusting, man, to the point where the way i see him affects the way I listen to the music he puts out.

And LR is an OK/AVERAGE album.

T

The Bastard

depends who the other nominees are, it very wel lcould be song of the year. its a good songs and i dunno about any other industry cat at least bein able to top it

my b i was under the impression he was talkin about how he should win song of the eyar at sum upcommin award show, nah i think i can think of a few other industry/pop songs that came out this year thatd make betetr song of the year. those songs are by kanye west tho ;)

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ahhh....Bragging Rights.

Isnt that what Hip-Hop was all about?

I saw that commercial when it was aired and wondered who he was talking to.

It's no big deal. He obviously was targeting someone with that speech, and I bet they got the message. I don't think it was meant for the public but thats the way it had to be done. By any means necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I thought "Gold Digger" was a good song the first 5 times I heard it. But now that its been burned into my brain by the radio and Tv, I cringe when I hear it.

i have to agree with you about Late Registration being an OK album, nothing spectacular. But then again I am rating his album by the preview that I heard on itunes. Is it fair of me? i dont know. i just know that I wouldn't run out to the store and buy it based on what I have heard. I have heard him produce better stuff.

See what happens to folks once they get in the spotlight....

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
Like the other nominees didn't put their heart in their work? Kanye is taking this too far in my opinion. LR sucked in my opinion and it still does. College Dropout was a way better album. If he really was as good as he says he is he doesn't need to be in front of the camera everytime to convince everyone of it.