Any one using the Yamaha rs 7000. I can't figure out this function.

RAWKAS

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
If so, I could use a tip on the resampling function. When I try to get it to resample it dosen't. I'm usually don't even need to use the instruction manual but I even referred to that and couldn't figure it out. Also how do you save your local samples? From my understanding after reading the starter guide it is supposed to save your samples in that bank and load up like part of the sound engine everytime you turn on the board. Any help?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I had an RS7000 about 3 or 4 years ago I cant remember all of the functions but yes if you have the smart media card there is a way to save the sequence and the samples and when you load the song or pattern it loads it.......you need to check that you have the source set to L/R main output to sample or something like that.....I had that and the classic motif when they came out, the sampling engine and procedures are almost identical and that box was most slept on piece of equipment...I still dont understand why more people were not using it I guess the marketing made it appear like the roland groove boxes....you have good piece, just read the manual and take your time with it....the fx are very, very good...you can also do some mastering with that box if you know how to use the fx....I have loaded whole songs in it...its perfect to remix too...only reason I got rid of it was using my 2000 more.....

RAWKAS

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I already know how to work the machine. I was just trying to find out how you resample with it. I can't seem to get it to work. Also, if you remember, it has two sample banks. One says phrase i think and the others say local. The local bank was suppose to keep your samples in memory if i'm not mistaken. But, yeah it's a good piece of equipment. I got that after I bout 3 years ago after I learned how to work the Motif. Aside from that, What part of Va you from big d? I'm from P-town (portsmouth) myself.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
RAWKAS said:
I already know how to work the machine. I was just trying to find out how you resample with it. (portsmouth) myself.

ok homie that's what I thought I was tryna tell you is point you in the direction to resample not work the machine, but anyhow check it

I found this for you but the manual is the THE best place if you have it though...

. find a pattern u wanna resample... decide what trax are gonna play during resampling... u can do lots of combinations... assuming u got more than 4meg of mem. find an empty track to sample on... i use trk 16.

2. go to utilities, press once, press the f4 button once, u'll see the click mode on this screen... if its on, turn it off, otherwise it will click during resampling... (hmm, another sampling possibility, i gotta check that out. lol)

3. exit out and remember that the RS will resample a length of 8 at 4 measures or shorter... press sample standby once and check the screen... make sure 'type' is kit+note... 'frequency' can be what u desire (44.1k is the best)... 'source' should say stereo out resampling... and 'mono/stereo' can be what u want as well, but lets work with stereo.

4. press sample standby a second time and u'll see the level screen... this shows u ur 'assign key' (C3 empty), ur 'trigger mode' (set this to level) and ur 'trigger level' (set this to 0).

5. press the sample button a third time... ur RS should be samplin ur joint on the empty trk u assigned and will stop when it gets to the end of the loop... or u can stop it when ur ready. after its stopped, it will take u back to the pattern screen... mute all trx except the sample trk and press play... the sample is lower but its all there.

6. go to sample edit and press it 3 times... u should see other menus... what u do now is 'normalize' the sample (05)... select with f4. u can audition the sample to make sure its on C3... and leave the ratio at 100%... press do! (f4)... the longer the sample, the longer the time to normalize... after normalization is complete, u can audition the sample again, just to check the difference in volume... if its what u like, press 'create' (f3), then 'create' again to then desire key, C3.

7. now u must go to the mixer menu... press mixer 3 times until ur at the eq screen... the lower left hand corner says 'eq type' low & high. use the f1 knob and turn until screen says boost 6 or 12... one of the two should be the same level as ur original pattern... thats the the one u use... press play and check them out.

8. now this is the fun part... SLICING... even though ur sample is in sync with ur pattern, it cant be slowed down or sped up until its sliced... go to sample edit again and go to slice mode... once there, keep these parameters for now... 'meas' 1... 'meter' 4/4... 'sub divide' 1/2... 'slice type' 1... 'sens' 4... press 'do'... as with normalize... this may take a minute or two, but its worth the wait.

9. once its sliced, press the audition to check it out... it may be fast at the time... thats what the beat stretch knob is for, to fix that. press 'create' and 'ok' if u gotta replace a previous mistake (u mightve made one by now.. hehe).

10. now press play... if its too fast, use the beat stretch knob to slow it down... make sure the select button has the top light lit. the 'beat stretch/ gate time' knob is under the SEQUENCE PLAY FX print on the RS. press the keyboard button... now each key has a tiny portion of ur sample mapped onto it... now u can make new sounds n beats!!! this feature alone is why im very satisfied with this machine... once u get the hang of it, its 1 2 3... the book will tell a few other things, but this will get u started...