Any weightlifters?

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Ummm....you do realize Cell is in another country right?

Yes. I realize where he's posting from. His post below says he needs a written plan.

Anyone here work out? I need somebody to write me a plan with the gear that I have at my disposal. So anyway, if there is anybody that can help, I'll write up what equipment I have and what I used to lift.

My post was offering him help from someone that I know is official as opposed to getting workout plans from the internet or plans written for another person. Each body type is different so its best to go in a custom direction.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
your range of motion would be more limited but it's an extremely challenging exercise for your chest/triceps/delts (you isolate them since your lower body isn't involved, and the lack of elasticity), as a matter of fact many power lifters/bodybuilders use this exercise to improve their bench press.

I thought u needed the extension u get from the bench tho? You know so your shoulders and arms can reach/extend all the way back before pushing back up?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Dam, thats still a grip tho dude. Not bad. I dont have resources to a bench anymore but last time I tried I could only do like 200 and that was brutal. lol.
Thanks man.. but honeslty it took me awhile to get there.. Im a pretty big dude (6;3 225) so i think for my weight im doing pretty good now. but when i started really working out 3 years ago i could barley do my own body weight.

But as you already know its not about the weight its about the reps. The dude who can do bench 240-250 clean is in way better shape then the dude who can max 275 once real sloppy.....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Indeed. Hell u can get a better workout pushing a smaller amount of weight in more sets then a lot of weight in less fasho, I can testify to that cuz I feel it afterwards!

@ Excellence - Im totally gonna try that then man! Funny cuz I never thought of floor presses. I mean I considered it once, but I thought it wouldnt be a full chest/arm workout then?.....Makes sense tho now.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Tried the floor press today with only 50 pounds (25 in each hand) since I dont have a spotter to hand me more weight....

I could def feel my triceps working harder then normal on the floor which was nice. After 3 sets of 35 I actually had to quit.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Tried the floor press today with only 50 pounds (25 in each hand) since I dont have a spotter to hand me more weight....

I could def feel my triceps working harder then normal on the floor which was nice. After 3 sets of 35 I actually had to quit.

interesting what your normal for the bench

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Dude its been ages since I even had the tools to bench but last time I tried like almost 8-10 yrs ago I could put up about 180-200, which was about my body weight at that time. Been outa shape for mad long now tho and I just started getting back into as of 2 months ago.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
nice ! I can def feel the burn everytime ...esp on the triceps like you just mentioned ...

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah man! What gym do you hit????

Yeah Relic I started at home with light weights as well.After a year i moved on to the gym then back to working out from home after 3 years now back to the gym.