anybody dj live with ableton

spartan265

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if your willing to sit on ableton before hand and beat warp all the tracks your planning to play then naw... no problems... however if you leave it to live and rely on its own automatic beat warping you could be in for a couple of suprises. as most times its far from perfect. . .

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
wow i posted this a while ago. I am very effecient in live now for dj purpuses. know I am moving on to beat making and for some odd reason i can't grasp that. I can figure out how to set up my channels, beat warp my stuff, use effects and all that bullshit.

i just can't figure it out lol

where is lil drama boi

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
wow i posted this a while ago. I am very effecient in live now for dj purpuses. know I am moving on to beat making and for some odd reason i can't grasp that. I can figure out how to set up my channels, beat warp my stuff, use effects and all that bullshit.

i just can't figure it out lol

where is lil drama boi

Djing with Ableton takes a little song preparation for songs to mix flawlessly my friend. If you're a lazy mofo don't waste your time!

You most definitely have to go through and warp all your songs in advance to get things right. If you do a little prep the warp time stretch joint will have you on another level of mixing.

I bought a "djing with ableton live" tutorial to help me out. I think I got it from "Sonic Academy" I highly recommend it. If you're going to take ableton into the club!

I use ableton and Virtual DJ at my gigs. I do a few clubs with mad tv's all around so Virtual DJ is my thing 90% percent of the time these days.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
weird .. thats what i got.. and my ish stutters...

that probably has nothing to do with ram. U need to optimize your computer for music production. Probably got too many unneeded things running in the background. You may also be experiencing latency. Use an external sound card. The internal one is cool but far from pro.

Google "Optimize your computer for music production"

members online