anybody ever get contact from soundclick?

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
yo, i got this email the other day from some dude who saw me on soundclick.

Sup man,

* * I LOVE ya beat "Ambiguous"... Tell me what I gotta do 2 get it!

Kaotik

p.s. Here's my site:

http://www.soundclick.com/kaotikhiphop

anybody ever get any hits like this from people seein you on soundclick? any suggestions? should i just send him over the beat? i never thought i'd actually ever get someone askin for a beat. lol.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
What up Tricky,,,I never got one of those, but, if the kid is a dope MC and ya wanna hand him over the track,,tell him to give ya credit,m,,,THEN AGAIN,,,

if he likes it that much,,,cop an exclusive copntract off illsounds.com and sell him the track! get yours man!

Stress

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
yea ive gotten a few of those before, and this is wat usually happened to me:

1. 98% of these rappers r poor so they cant afford a beat
2. they want it for free
3. they'll shout u out in their debut album that comes out in the year 2030
4. they say they'll pay u $200 but everytime u contact thme they wont respond

or if ur a ncie guy ull give them the beat for free :)

ill o.g.
He aint my kinda MC (sounds like a Freddie Foxxx wannabe), but it looks like his page gets a lotta visitors. I dont think he'd go through the trouble of contacting if he wasnt serious. Get one of the contract things from illsounds like Stress said then try to contact him back or somethin.

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
that's cool. thanks for the suggestions and personal experiences.

just out of curiosity, what is this contract thing on illsounds.com that your talking about. i hadn't even heard about it til now. guess i was out of the loop for a while or something.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i have gotten a few.... actually, an (alleged) A&R guy from an indie label and two studios have contacted me, but they want me to pay them to recorde my music professionally... i am sure everyone and their moms got those ones.

i have had my share of guys wanting to use my beats on their "upcoming album" for a mention in their liner notes and a copy of their album....

but i have had a few guys hit me for advice and whatnot. you really just get a mixed bag from there. i dont really promote anything i do on there so i dont get that many hits outside of when i put something up on the showcase.

bluntology

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well if u arent a moron u shuld ask for money...because he obviously wants ur shit... but ya i get contacted all the time sell mad beats to goofs off there....its a good way to sell ur beats stay up one

bluntology

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
man when u selling beats u gota write a contract...i duno man i do my shit mad profesional if u do it profesianal nothing bad is going to happen

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
DAMN. theres a lot of contracts on that page. too bad they dont tell you what each one does. lol. that would be cool if each had like, the list of terms and agreements that each contract covers. anyway, thanks to everybody who pitched in some tidbit of info. i'll see how this shit goes. it'd be my first time sellin if he buys it. thanks for all the suggestions. peace out.

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
tricky spinz said:
yo, i got this email the other day from some dude who saw me on soundclick.

Sup man,

* * I LOVE ya beat "Ambiguous"... Tell me what I gotta do 2 get it!

Kaotik

p.s. Here's my site:

http://www.soundclick.com/kaotikhiphop

anybody ever get any hits like this from people seein you on soundclick? any suggestions? should i just send him over the beat? i never thought i'd actually ever get someone askin for a beat. lol.

It's up to you.. Personally I think the kid is wack, but then again if he paying you who cares. If your tracks are hot, people will just say " man that a hot beat, but that kid suck". Like i say all time, when I listen to the radio now-a-days. But I try to stay far away from the radio.. I a mixtape head.. lol

X-RAY
"aka"
Jewel Avenue OX

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Same goes for me as most others that posted: Ive been contacted around some 10 times or so from random cats on tha internet that actually wanted to pay for beats and they all talk big but then nothing subtantial occurs once i tell them to hit me with a money order, or arrange to get theyre creditcard ready for paypal...Most of those cats are all HOT AIR when it comes down to actually paying for what you spend all yer time to create....People expect that shit for FREE - like 99.9% of tha time....

ill o.g.
I heard Biggie used to go around and spit verses for cash behind diddys back. So thats how his vocals got around to Red Spyda. If he wouldve been writin contracts, you probly wouldnt have that Biggie & 50 track. But Biggie is well known, you dont hafto look in the credits to know its Big whos rhymin. If you were all famous right now, and everybody could hear your beats and know that you made em, you wouldnt be as high as risk at gettin your track stolen or bootlegged. But i think right now is the most important time (in our carriers) to get contracts goin for our better beats.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
bluntology said:
well if u arent a moron u shuld ask for money...because he obviously wants ur shit... but ya i get contacted all the time sell mad beats to goofs off there....its a good way to sell ur beats stay up one

word , u should have nothing to be scared of when you do business.... and only an idiot would give someone a beat before they got there money so whats to be afraid of?

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
everything yall say is true. sometimes i even wonder why hustle on soundclick. I mean every rapper on there is broke and got no money for nothing. i got a few offers from there but they want beats for free. i gotta make a living dogg so dont holla if u aint got them dollas, plain and simple. I even got this dude from germany who wanted a club beat but he wanted to collect beats. Anyway, holla at him.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
In my opinion tha reason so many people are tryin to get free beats is cuz theres too many other producers, or whatever you wanna call them fuckin up tha game for tha people who are really tryin to benefit and capitalize on theyre art cuz those fuckers are givin theyre shit away for free or for nearly nothing and theres so many of them nowadays on soundclick that when u get that average shopper lookin for beats he knows he can go get so-and-so's free shit that sux but is free so they think everyone on SC should be free to or some shit!?!?