Anybody here have experience with mental problems?

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
So I don't know what's up, but the past 2 weeks I've had a constant headache, shooting pains through my head, dizziness etc. and the doctor has given me some shit to take. Just lately (3 or 4 days), I've started to get real nervous, as if everybody is looking at me, getting real twitchy when I'm by myself too. I don't know what it is that's caused it, but it's strange. Just wondering if anybody has dealt with anything like that, and what it could be? Anxiety, maybe?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Oh shit who am I dealing with!?!? LOL.

I don't know, that could be a range of things. What did the doctor say it could be? Do you also have a loss of balance too? Maybe it's just stress/anxiety?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Sounds like anxiety.....shit can be scary. Doc may have to lower your dose. Don't play with that shit man....call the doctor up. If you're having paranoid type episodes you need to get back to the doc asap!

T

The Arkitekt

Ya, solve the problem naturally, but i'm more than certain a few xanax will take care of this problem in a half an hour

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
Sounds like anxiety.....shit can be scary. Doc may have to lower your dose. Don't play with that shit man....call the doctor up. If you're having paranoid type episodes you need to get back to the doc asap!
It is scary, I seem to be real jumpy at anything. I just walked out the bathroom, saw my coat on the back of my chair (that I put there about half hour ago) and got scared cuz I thought someone was sitting there hahaha.

Oh shit who am I dealing with!?!? LOL.

I don't know, that could be a range of things. What did the doctor say it could be? Do you also have a loss of balance too? Maybe it's just stress/anxiety?

Lol, fuck you.

I haven't told him about that yet, I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning with him though so I'll bring it up there. Hopefully it's just a side effect of the pills he gave me last week. I've also been finding it hard to get to sleep, so I've been up till 2-3 in the morning most nights.

T

The Arkitekt

If your already paranoid as fuck, smokin might mess you up even more if you the paranoid type when you smoke

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You really should see a neurologist since it has been a week or so. Seeing a general practitioner for an issue with your inner-cranial cavity is usually a mistake. General practitioner's are known for giving medication for the most common issue of the symptoms to get to the next patient. This is cool for a flu or pneumonia, but not an issue of your neuro-anatomy.

If these problems persist into the next two days, you should seriously see a neurologist. If you have bleeding inside your cranium then you do not have much time. However, this is doubtful to be the case if you have not hit your head and you are still alive a week into the symptoms (being that inner-cranial bleeding usually kills within a day or two).

Have you ever had these symptoms before?

Honestly.. if this is not a medical emergency.. it could be that you live in a fucked up world full of mentally sick individuals.. It took me years to understand this bullshit. There were years that I was a loose fuckin rocket to the world but lost, cold and scared inside. Stay strong and choose the right decisions and you will be fine if this is the case.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
You really should see a neurologist since it has been a week or so. Seeing a general practitioner for an issue with your inner-cranial cavity is usually a mistake. General practitioner's are known for giving medication for the most common issue of the symptoms to get to the next patient. This is cool for a flu or pneumonia, but not an issue of your neuro-anatomy.

If these problems persist into the next two days, you should seriously see a neurologist. If you have bleeding inside your cranium then you do not have much time. However, this is doubtful to be the case if you have not hit your head and you are still alive a week into the symptoms (being that inner-cranial bleeding usually kills within a day or two).

Have you ever had these symptoms before?

Honestly.. if this is not a medical emergency.. it could be that you live in a fucked up world full of mentally sick individuals.. It took me years to understand this bullshit. There were years that I was a loose fuckin rocket to the world but lost, cold and scared inside. Stay strong and choose the right decisions and you will be fine if this is the case.
I think that paranoia could fall under the category of psychology as opposed to neurology; the assumption being made in this thread is that it's the meds. I mean, given the circumstances, it probably is the medication.

Cell2Dee, it would help to know exactly what "shit" the doctor is giving you, and whether or not there is a history of mental illness in your family.

Be safe..

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
I think that paranoia could fall under the category of psychology as opposed to neurology; the assumption being made in this thread is that it's the meds. I mean, given the circumstances, it probably is the medication.

I understand that paranoia is a psychology issue, although most usually the general practitioner doctor will subscribe medication in a misdiagnoses. The advice to visit a neurologist is in-case it was a misdiagnosis. As far as I'm concerned my brain is chief. I am assuming homie has health care because he looks young enough and is in a country that offers that assistance, I assume.

Besides, his doc gave him pain meds.. His doc is assuming this "issue" will go away, but clearly Cell 2Dee is still concerned to come here with it.

Therefore, since the brain is the portal to this universe I feel he should investigate this further. What if his doc is wrong.. I doubt he has an immediate risk because he is a week into the symptoms. Pain meds won't do anything if it is a neurological issue.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
I understand that paranoia is a psychology issue, although most usually the general practitioner doctor will subscribe medication in a misdiagnoses. The advice to visit a neurologist is in-case it was a misdiagnosis. As far as I'm concerned my brain is chief. I am assuming homie has health care because he looks young enough and is in a country that offers that assistance, I assume.

Besides, his doc gave him pain meds.. His doc is assuming this "issue" will go away, but clearly Cell 2Dee is still concerned to come here with it.

Therefore, since the brain is the portal to this universe I feel he should investigate this further. What if his doc is wrong.. I doubt he has an immediate risk because he is a week into the symptoms. Pain meds won't do anything if it is a neurological issue.
Oh I see what you're saying, I guess I didnt ready your original post quite as closely as I thought I had.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Just see your doctor ASAP cell. Your a cool dude with a little one on the way. You need to be here to see and enjoy that. There's no more just thinking about yourself when you bring a life into this world. Many people have killed themselves mixing two deadly meds together. If those pills start causing you to not be able to sleep and you pop a sleeping pill on top of it you may never wake up!

I'd stop taking them and just see my doc the first chance I got. The headaches you were suffering may be annoying but it's obvious they weren't severe enough to warrant extreme action. You would have under went a cat scan had they been.

DEAL WITH THE PAIN FOR NOW, STOP TAKING THE PRESCRIPTION AND SEE A DOC....best advice anyone could give u on this subject I think. I'd much rather deal with some pain than to not be in control of my mind!

Schizo-Manic

b33lz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Fast for 3 days, it usually clears the mental. No food, drink lots of water and focus on deep breathing.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
The headaches you were suffering may be annoying but it's obvious they weren't severe enough to warrant extreme action. You would have under went a cat scan had they been.

That is saying the doc he was seeing was professional in this unique situation Prescribed pain meds for headache's is a very unprofessional and sideways decision for that doc to make. Without a cat scan, I do not understand how that doc came to that prescription.

Now, if he went to the doc because he hit his head on something then he should go asap for cat scan.

He should see a doctor that went to school to specialize and did residence towards Neurology. The normal doctor's that you visit for flu or crabs is not the one, although they still accept these patients for the cash.

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
yo... I dont know if you were actually prescribed any painkillers, as I never read any post by you to that effect, however I did a likkle bit of research.

Paracetamol/NSAID (brand name - Aspirin, etc.) - Not known to cause paranoia.
COX-2 selective inhibitor (derivative of NSAID - brand name - Celebrex) - Not known to cause paranoia.

Neither of the above have been known to cause any kind of mental side effects.

Narcotic [specifically Opiates] (brand name - OxyContin, OxyCodone, Morphine, etc.) - Has been known to cause anxiety and paranoia, regardless of whether the patient is "withdrawing" (from lack of the drug) or not.

I seriously doubt they're just handing out Opiates in the UK for headaches, however nothing would surprise me.

There are other meds employed for pain, such as Gabapentin, etc. however I think that it's probably unlikely you've been prescribed these.

I'm not a doctor or anything, though I have an extremely... shall we say "close" relationship with drugs (of all forms, not just the "fun" ones). I spent most of my teenage years educating myself about narcotic and non-narcotic medications.

Good luck.