Anybody. Need Some Help

Feel

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
Does Anyone know of any free dope sample packs?
Including bass, hi hats, kicks and snares?

Feel

Beatmaker
Yeah start with the ones on here, there's a lot but they're mainly drums. I find it's hard to come by bass packs though.
What about the sample packs with price tags? I've never thought on buying any. Am i missing out?

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
What about the sample packs with price tags? I've never thought on buying any. Am i missing out?
You're not missing out. You're bound to find a lot of, if not too many dope drums for free. The pros do use paid kits, or so I've heard, but the free ones should suffice. Bonus points if you end up layering them and making them even better.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah you could buy some but I've found so much free stuff over the years that you don't necessarily need to buy any. But it depends on what you're looking for. VST soundpacks are a different story, but for just samples, I would stick to free stuff if you can find it.

Feel

Beatmaker
Yeah you could buy some but I've found so much free stuff over the years that you don't necessarily need to buy any. But it depends on what you're looking for. VST soundpacks are a different story, but for just samples, I would stick to free stuff if you can find it.
So you would suggest buying VST packs?

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
If your just starting out I would insist on not spending anything especially samples (or at least spend the least amount of money but definitely not samples)

here are a few sites I still use for samples :

-looperman.com
-loopmasters.com
-musicradar.com

I never bought any samples or VST's for my music. Of course this would definitely depend on you and what kind of music style and taste your after.

I would also recommend getting Audacity (again depending on what you have.)
you could use this software to sample anything on the internet.
What is your current setup?

Let us know how you go and welcome to ILLMUZIK!
Peace!~

Feel

Beatmaker
Thanks. Glad i found this site. I've been making beats for a while now. I started chopping samples on the Mpc1000 using my turntable. I have a shitty mixer so I dont even bother scratching. Its far from a Dj set up since i only have one turntable. Then I got a Midi Akai Keyboard, a guitar, this computer and a OldSchool SANYO SS-900 speaker set. Isnt much but it gets the job done. I know how essential it is for a hiphop producer to have the skill on the ones and twos, which is why I'm eager to learn. Plus, its dope as fuck.

Feel

Beatmaker
No, but it depends on what you have right now. Like what kind of sounds do you have already. Are you working with just samples? Or do you have certain programs that came with sounds?
When im not using samples I'll use ableton for some sound but those sounds can get a little played out if you know what i mean.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
@Feel knowing the 1s and 2s is only essential if you plan to DJ and you're a purist.

Feel

Beatmaker
@HouseOfBeets I rather get stuff that other people have experience with. If you got any links shoot em through and Ill check them out. Trying to stock up my kit set up.