Anybody seen this: KRS ONE to create new Religion

• beat this! voting starts in...

Bump

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with that.
I wouldnt say I was religious about music, obsessive maybe, and fanatical, but religious no.
Also, im no athiest, I have my own belief system and moral base. I just dont agree with god being used to justify domination and destruction.
I have no issue with the ten commandments, they are a good moral guide but even with those the blind followers of religion still follow a meniacal leader who tells them to kill in the name of god, even though its clearly stated "Thou Shalt Not Kill"
Religious leaders just like any other leaders are open to corruption and can easily be tainted by the position of power they hold. I just dont trust leaders, because I have a small understanding of how human nature works.
Im not anti god, Im anti mankind.
But with that said, we all need our belief systems just so that we dont fear death, a belief that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and something to achieve.
I just had issue with religion being named as the cause for civilisation, which is just wrong.
Technology breeds civilisation, nothing else.

I agree 110%. I believe certain things are worth hearing throughout many religions. Christianity, or the ones who follow the bible whichever it may be, have a VERY good set of moral rules and values. Buddhism has a lot of good thoughts and rules behind it, as does islam.

As for fearing death, I think the only way not to fear death is to love life. If your so caught up in living and loving everything around you, there is no reason to fear death.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i hope this will not just be a mix of the teacher's personal philosophy and christianity. you know, i respect hindus for their approach; they say it doesn't matter what name or image you pray to, as worshipping any higher entity is an act of spirituality and therefor a step closer to god, a god that, from hindu perspective, is not comprehensible. hence, any religion on this planet is legitimate.
if the gospel was to be a bit like this, damn, i might be in.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not all of it,just most it. Money and power being the other 2 big causes of death and destruction.
LMAO @ thinking religion is what keeps us from eating each other.
How did the human race ever get so far. Im surprised we didnt eat each other into extinction a long time ago.
As for cannibalism, that is caused by another religion, a belief that the soul of the eaten is consumed by the eater making the eater consume the wisdom of the eaten.
Dont believe the bullshit that its religion that civilised the world, thats not true.
If it was then the Taliban would be civilised.
The ability to read and write and do mathematics and science along with philosiphy civilised the world.

Human being need to be governed. It's a simple truth we all must face.

Religion isn't the cause for the pain and suffering in the world because religion instills a certain level of law and discipline in people.

It's more of the exploitation of religion that has caused alot of today's wars combined with our capacites to commit evil. Religion is so easily exploitable because the world is full of fools who don't queston anything, who are willing to belive anything that is dicated to them by one who is viewed as some sort of divine medium between the people and the god they worship.

damn I'm smart

edit: and I didn't mean eat each other in a literal sense my good man. But without religion the world would be even more chaotic than it is now.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
The "fanatics" who kill for their "religion" are the gullible and ignorant people who believe that their religious teacher's interpretation of their holy book is correct.

It's all about interpretation, which is why I do not believe in anything that is written in terms of religion. It's like when you do an interview with someone and they just quote the shit that sells...You don't hear the entire story, just what people want you to hear....

I think the Bible and any other written holy book in religion as a whole is about as taboo as the National Enquirer. Although there are some good lessons to be learned in them, it's almost like common sense.

The Bible (because I know it better than other books) is propaganda of it's highest caliber.

If these miracles that happened in biblical times actually came true, why are we not exposed to the same ones? All that's changed is the times. People are still the same...

I do believe there is a god, though...Just not the one's portrayed in the Bible.

And what a way to show the truth of it, to be exposed to the great things in heaven AFTER YOU DIE...this way you can't disprove shit because you're already dead....Pure fucking genius.

Whoever wrote that shit needs to live forever..

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
i hope this will not just be a mix of the teacher's personal philosophy and christianity. you know, i respect hindus for their approach; they say it doesn't matter what name or image you pray to, as worshipping any higher entity is an act of spirituality and therefor a step closer to god, a god that, from hindu perspective, is not comprehensible. hence, any religion on this planet is legitimate.
if the gospel was to be a bit like this, damn, i might be in.
this.

i am hindu.

namaste :)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
most "religions" speak on learning core lessons of life from the struggle Against the Face of fear.

the hiphop that's relevant to me is just that... having the strength to face your fear and bust through into limitless avenues... so why not!!!!

bigup KRS OnE

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Shit..if Scientololgy can be a religion, hip-hop isn't too far fetched.