anyone hear rthese rumors about swizz?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i heard swizz bought that track for "Good Times" from some kid in florida..... i also heard casio was suing him for melody jacking. these are likely just rumors, but you never know.... also, anyone know what ayatollah sampled on "My Life Remix"? also, has anyone here used rolands Variphrase Processor? im thinking about gettin one... all the specs and stuff look awesome... what do you think about getting rid of my roland xp-80 and getting a kurzweil 2000 to use with my mpc? sorry about all the questions.......:confused:

C

Copenhagen

The thing about rumours is that a lot of times there's a little truth to them...but who knows.

B

BeatOff

My brother in law is friends with the guy who made the good times beat. His name is Big Dawg or something like that i can upload it and post it for yall if you want. Swizz beats just added his own drums to it but he bought the beat for 20 grand. Big Dawg Is from Atlanta not fl.

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
i can upload it and post it for yall if you want.
WHY NOT??

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Sizz was being sued by Roland for the beat Down Bottom (drag On and Juvinile) it is a pre set melody in the roland sound moduels mostly in the jv and xv series I had the xv 3080 and with a push of a button that whole melody played out ....Roland didn't get anything from him because if they put it in the machine it is free domain and ment to be used ...But they tried

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
is swizz losing his creative edge???

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
obviously somebody thought he did or we wouldn't even be saying his name right now

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
Hmmm...who knows with rumours. I'm still fiending to know if its true that Dre didn't produce 'In Da Club'! (If anyone knows if this is true or not...let me know)...

T-Dash

Fo-net-ic-ly Spee-kin
ill o.g.
I believe (just like 'Still Dre'), 'In Da Club' was produced by Scott Storch....a real dope producer who gets very little recognition. If this is true...its a shame he ain't getting the credit for one of the biggest songs of the year... :: sighs ::

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
thats the way it usually is.... um.. Swizz makes hits. that doesnt mean he is creative. why do people always confuse creativity with play? yes, he sells, yes, he dominated the airwaves for a bit, but does that mean he was creative? same frickin horns in half his songs? so when he came with something different, he took it from someone else!!! thats not creatice. thats being a business man. big difference.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by milLion
obviously somebody thought he did or we wouldn't even be saying his name right now

His uncles own Ruff Ryders...if they weren't looking out for him he probally would be here with us getting negative feed back in the showcase

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
hes not even listed as the producer for good times on the album, check the swizz beats solo shit, yall gotta start reading the production credits on these albums

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Guevara
hes not even listed as the producer for good times on the album, check the swizz beats solo shit, yall gotta start reading the production credits on these albums

He might not be(dont got time to check) but every magazine is giving him credit for the track.....even Styles his self is too by saying fullsail.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey guerva- i dont buy swizz's albums. i cant stand him, and that swhy i havent dont read the credits. i dont buy music from most artists now. i think its sad that the media even gives him credit- these are the people that are supposed to be "in the know"? hmmmm..... sounds like a bit of a benzino tip to me.........

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Scott Storch does alot of tracks for Dre. Hip Hop heads need to wake up and hear with this cat can do. He's one of the nicest beatsmiths out there. But I give Dre credit for the arraingment and sound coming out correct, the real producing part of the job.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
aint that the truth, but goddamn these cats be runnin around like they really doin all this shit and they misleading people, i gotta side wit dj quik, "ill never put my name on beat that wasnt mine".

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Swizz and Dre

I never really cared for Swizz. I always thought he sounded like he was just pounding on keys ("Organized noise") He only came with about 2 or 3 beats that I ever liked.

Dr. Dre has always been a great producer but he doesn't really make beats. At the most he might make the drum track but usually he just supervises the song. And thats what producing really is. A real producer is responsible for the overall outcome of a song. If the song sucks its his fault. He doesnt have to have any musical talent just an ear for it. Some people have it some don't. Dre has it. If you make beats your, just a musician but if you take it to that next step of getting involved and overseeing the song to perfection then your a producer.

Check out my music at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/madscientistmusic.htm

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I hate to burst bubbles

Most of the top Platinum producers have camps of other producers or buy tracks and get the rights.....some are never used for upcoming projects....but the thing is imagine these guys have a rack of hot beats at their disposal and what they do is, its sort of like a chop shop they get the beats from the other producers that work for hire in their respective production companies......thats the smart thing because the producers that work for hire create intellectual property and don't really own the full rights, the people that pay them do........but to make a long story short, if you have some picture in your head that looks like Dre in that commercial where he is brainstorming and making beats, it is probably not a true depiction of how Big Name producers make their tracks nowadays......I know that they even get ideas and concepts from other producers tracks and there is a certain level of thievery that happens.......anyhow just dig up a few dollars and attend some of the platinum producer conferences they have on the East coast and you hear it straight from them......