Anyone Know How To Make Your Instruments Sound Old ?

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Anyone Got Any Techniques Or Tips On How To Turn, Lets Say, A Piano From Hypersonic And Make It Sound Like It Was On A Recording From The 60/70's ? I Got The Izotope Plugin... But Is There Any Other Bit Settings/Filters/EQ Styles And Such I Can Use ?

I Basically Wanna Make Like Melodic 4 Bar Compositions, Get Em To Sound Like They A Record, And Chop Them Bitches Up To Make Something For These Back Packer Dudes...

Imma Eventuall Get The Roland SP-555 For Those FX...But Till Then, Any Suggestions ?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Anyone Got Any Techniques Or Tips On How To Turn, Lets Say, A Piano From Hypersonic And Make It Sound Like It Was On A Recording From The 60/70's ? I Got The Izotope Plugin... But Is There Any Other Bit Settings/Filters/EQ Styles And Such I Can Use ?

I Basically Wanna Make Like Melodic 4 Bar Compositions, Get Em To Sound Like They A Record, And Chop Them Bitches Up To Make Something For These Back Packer Dudes...

Imma Eventuall Get The Roland SP-555 For Those FX...But Till Then, Any Suggestions ?

You might want to fuck with Proteus VX instead of Hypersonic. Playing around with the growl and sp12 emulator settings to dirty it up. But to be honest ..I'd just get my sample game on and chop up some rare 60/70's shit. Old 70's movie sound tracks is a good place to start!http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/bestoftonyhatch.htm

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You might want to fuck with Proteus VX instead of Hypersonic. Playing around with the growl and sp12 emulator settings to dirty it up. But to be honest ..I'd just get my sample game on and chop up some rare 60/70's shit. Old 70's movie sound tracks is a good place to start!http://www.moviegrooves.com/shop/bestoftonyhatch.htm

HAhaa YEAH, nah i got regular samples and what....you ever heard CROUP ?

http://www.myspace.com/crouptheoretic

I wanna make tracks like his "05"

....which is basically a rare sample laced with keys...

i just wanna compose the whole damn thing and get it to sound like that, so i dont have to worry about clearing anything, that and have more creative freedom over the scales/change ups

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
You know he used hella samples in that track though right? It's about the only way to get that authentic feel ya dig. At the most he laced them drums, the strings and maybe laid the b4 organ down on that track. Listen to the next track and you can acutally hear how he composes an entire track. Doesn't sound half as dramatic as the 05 joint!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Word...I'm sure somebody will breeze thru the thread with a couple suggestions. B Ez....I'm going back to bed...lol

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cut the high end with some EQ.
I use the iZotope Vinyl plug-in, and that shit is mean (And free).
EQ + Vinyl= 70's

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was thinking about using that Tube/Tape Feature On Scream when i play the refills....record it into my microphone to create the ambience of a room....and then like.... send it thru the EQ processs and maybe add a hint of amplitube/Izotope at the end...

and see how it sounds

cuz its soooo important i get it to sound right

Another good example of a song i want it to sound like is Jay-Z

"Let that bitch breathe..."

You hear how the organs are live/in a room somewhere

doesnt sound too much like reverb...sounds like them dudes really in a church

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Another good example of a song i want it to sound like is Jay-Z

"Let that bitch breathe..."

You hear how the organs are live/in a room somewhere

doesnt sound too much like reverb...sounds like them dudes really in a church

That whole track is a sample. I was shocked as shit to hear it note for note but it is.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ yeah it is a sample... but i mean i wanna play something where my ORIGINAL sounds LIKE That sample...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I posted an beat example of the tape recording thing i mentinoed

here
Sample Example '04

this beat is old as hell (over 3 1/2 years)and defo needs to be reworked but if u notice the piano i did that whole tape deck thing. I just recorded myself playing a real piano on a tape deck. And re recorded that into soundforge and added some filters on the sample from my fantom XR rack.. I think if u re-record any instrament live and "dirty" it up with tape its pretty effiecent ..espically if your lacking knowlege of alot of fancy plugins(which is me)

THis tecnique works really well with guitars and congo's as well.. Put some reverb gated reverb on a gutiar after u recorded back and bam.. u got that old 60's feel....

class...

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah i got that and amplitube 2.0

plus the scream joint

imma figure it out

theres also a white noise patch in hypersonic 2

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
best way is to use a real instrument man, not a plugin.. the authentic sound comes from an authentic instrument. It is possible to get close but it's real hard to get a sound like that Jay - Z organ in let that bitch breath..

It almost can't be done without recording it in a live room and using hella lot of effects

members online