Anyone use CD/MP3 Turntables?????

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
I wanna copp some soon, so I wanted to see who has em, and which are the best. I'll be gettin back into Spinnin tracks and decided that the CD DEcks will be less expensive then going back to 12's(which I miss!) and buyin records all over again,,,,get at me.

KENWOP

BROOKLYN'S FINEST
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 27
my man got the tech's they scratch just like vinyl, mp3's and cd's those shits are hot i cant leave them alone when im at his crib they are expensive though he paid like 7 bills for each of them

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i got a DMP-555 by pioneer its a cheeper one got it on clearence fpr about 299 it scratches an plays mp3 its ok good for scratching my own vocals onto a beat is on the site http://www.pioneerprodj.com/ under digital music players

C

Carpe Diem

ive played pioneer cdjs.... trust, theyre the best ones in my experience, play exactly like a 1210

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yall sleeping on scratch live that shit feel just like vinyl, and the responsiveness is crazy

you dont have to worry about scratched cds, but you do gotta worry about ur laptop crashing but that wouldnt be a prob with a good comp. to start with

and that system is cheaper

assuming what u buying is new

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
RANE SERATO SCRATCH LIVE DJ SOFTWARE
Item#:SCRATCH-LIVE
Scratch LIVE, from Rane and Serato, is the latest software and hardware solution for bridging the analog world of turntablism and the digital world of computer audio files.
List Price: $725.00
You Save: $185.01
Our Price: $539.99
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waG...0609580054~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~[catGroup].tpl

FS-V20 01 STANTON FINAL-SCRATCH MP3 CONTROLLER V 2.0
Item#:FS-V20
Stanton's FinalScratch 2.0 is a complete package that lets you play digital music files from any analog turntable or CD player with ultra-natural feel and response.

List Price: $799.99
You Save: $200.00
Our Price: $599.99
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail~waG...0609580054~disp_IMG~Y~catgroup~[catGroup].tpl

Video show the 2 differences.... (I would go w/ Scratch Live)
http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/showdown/showdown_media.htm

FROM PSSL.COM >>> YOU CAN FIND IT CHEAP

ed_sizzahanz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It depends on what you are looking for as far as features. I tried them all before I made a decision. I originally bought the Denon s3000's and took them back for the CDX's and I've had them ever since. Here is my personal rankings:

1. Numark CDX - PRO's - 12" spinning vinyl platter, excellent scratch sound, exceptional response.
CONS- Slow loading time, pitch control isn't extremely accurate, slow mp3 reads.

2. Denon s5000/s3000 - PRO's - 7" spinning vinyl platter, good scratch sound, compact size, tight pitch control, . CON'S - on faster style scratches the digitized sound comes out, close button layout.

3. Pioneer CDJ1000/CDJ800 - PRO's - reliable (been around the longest), various scratch modes, tight pitch, tight response. CON's - non spinning platter.

4. Technics SLZ1200 - PRO's - Media card reader. CON's - horrible scratch sound, slower response, close button layout.

From my experience, for scratch heads, the CDX's can't be touched, they are the closest to turntables as you can get. I rock them with my Vestax TT's and it's only a slight pressure adjustment in feel. For mixing, I'd say the Denons or Pioneers, they have a tight pitch control and a lot of features and effects for dance. I'd say the best overall is the Denons because of the spinning platter and effects. I personally chose the Numark's cause I'm a scratch/performance Dj and they suited my needs better. The Technics I was not impressed with, and I lot of people I know took theirs back once they tried the Numarks.

As mentioned, Serato Scratch and Final Scratch are other options, I had Final Scratch 1.0, but a weak computer and it was cool, but it was still evolving and caused me a lot of headaches. From what I hear though, both are tight now. Like you said, go to Sam Ash and play around and see what suits you.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
my m8 has a set of the pioneer cdj's and im an old skool head i woz well against them but he brought them over one night with his pioneer mixer and effects unit and we just DJ'd for hours they are really dope wen u get used to them and they open up a lot more possibilities, and he had his whole collection in a cd folder !

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
my m8 has a set of the pioneer cdj's and im an old skool head i woz well against them but he brought them over one night with his pioneer mixer and effects unit and we just DJ'd for hours they are really dope wen u get used to them and they open up a lot more possibilities, and he had his whole collection in a cd folder !

word mark,,,thats what I'm talkin about!!!!

MaineOne

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I got one Denon dn-s5000 and one dn-3000 and I love em!!! the features are dope plus I gotta a crazy deal from the giutar center. I ve heard tons of people go back and forth on this topic but I believe if you go Numark, Denon, or Pioneer you'll be happy.
1.denon's are more compact then the Numark,
Numarks do have full size platter, but once you start working with the smaller platter you forget about it in no time!

just an opinion!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
MaineOne said:
I got one Denon dn-s5000 and one dn-3000 and I love em!!! the features are dope plus I gotta a crazy deal from the giutar center. I ve heard tons of people go back and forth on this topic but I believe if you go Numark, Denon, or Pioneer you'll be happy.
1.denon's are more compact then the Numark,
Numarks do have full size platter, but once you start working with the smaller platter you forget about it in no time!

just an opinion!

word. I fucked with the Denon joint at Clev's studio,,,not sure which model number that is,,,its tight, but it didn't feel like the real deal at times. If the Numark joint is like a 1200,,,then I'm wit that.

members online